Jack Marriott

MackworthRamIsGod

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

That exact same rumour is going around regarding a certain moderator too. I can't say names because obviously word will spread quicker than the warts themselves but what I can say is that their name sounds quite similar to Roycie.

Didn’t want to say but I did see him at a Lincolnshire coast hotel at the weekend..... why he was there I don’t know ? 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Kernow said:

And that's how stupid rumours spread and people gain bad reputations. Whoever told you that has clearly just made it up seeing as he did travel, and painted it in a light that he's a bad or disruptive character.

It was a bull poo twitter rumour started by a jealous red dog .

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I just asked a simple question on a forum, the first couple of posts back answered my question.

Also if I had wrote that post I would have put a full stop at the end, some people clearly need to seek further education.

Further education has nothing to do with it. 

Did you really need to start another thread to ask that question, or did your mate ask you to do it? 

The big problem that marriott is going to have, is that he's one of the the least versatile players that we have. Bennet and Waghorn can play all across the front 3, Lawrence and Wilson can play either side or as a number 10, Jozefzoon can play either side and so on. That leaves Nugent and Marriott as out and out strikers, and there'll at best be room for one in the squad, as you're limiting our options if both are in there (fitness of other plays permitting etc).  And at the moment Nugent is doing a good job and has hold of the shirt.

A fine line between being made ready and feeling the management have no confidence in me . 

If I was part of a project team and asked to move from the admin role to present and then the following week was told -actually we don't need you to present this week and we've also removed you from the team, the office junior (Bird) is covering your old job-you would be rather concerned where things were heading, 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A fine line between being made ready and feeling the management have no confidence in me . 

If I was part of a project team and asked to move from the admin role to present and then the following week was told -actually we don't need you to present this week and we've also removed you from the team, the office junior (Bird) is covering your old job-you would be rather concerned where things were heading, 

That is a paper-thin analogy.

By the time I got to the end I forgot the point you were trying to make and starting thinking of Max Bird as Tim from The Office and Jack Marriott as Gareth.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Im just waiting for Ninos and Toddy to start saying hes in decline so we can resolve the whoes getting the boom shackalacka.

Far from it, the lad just needs a few goals and confidence will flow.

At the moment he does look like a player trying to impress too hard.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

the office junior (Bird) is covering your old job

That's not quite the case here though, Bird was doing a completely different job.  There was no other cover for Bryson and Mount in the 18 - maybe Huddlestone and Holmes at a pinch, but they're not in any way like-for-like.

17 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I just asked a simple question on a forum, the first couple of posts back answered my question.

Also if I had wrote that post I would have put a full stop at the end, some people clearly need to seek further education.

Careful there Mackworth!!!! ‘Also if I had wrote....’  Grammar police suggesting ‘written’ was required there ?‍♂️??

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Please don't question my writing skills, my spelling and grammar are usually fantastic, English is my strong point, whereas Maffs I really struggle with.

I love the fffs ... my nephew constantly chuckles about Northern Accents ( if you’re from Luton, Derby is northern ?) I keep trying to explain 

“Tom (Nephew) what is something when you get get it for nothing  ? = Free Yes, 

And what was the score the other day ? = Free Nil “

31 minutes ago, jono said:

I love the fffs ... my nephew constantly chuckles about Northern Accents ( if you’re from Luton, Derby is northern ?) I keep trying to explain 

“Tom (Nephew) what is something when you get get it for nothing  ? = Free Yes, 

And what was the score the other day ? = Free Nil “

My father in law is called Arfur, or at least that is how I pronounce it, you can tell he twitches everytime I say his name.

Although he is South African so how he can comment on accents is beyond me.

17 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

The big problem that marriott is going to have, is that he's one of the the least versatile players that we have. Bennet and Waghorn can play all across the front 3, Lawrence and Wilson can play either side or as a number 10, Jozefzoon can play either side and so on. That leaves Nugent and Marriott as out and out strikers, and there'll at best be room for one in the squad, as you're limiting our options if both are in there (fitness of other plays permitting etc).  And at the moment Nugent is doing a good job and has hold of the shirt.

I certainly think this will make him less likely to make the bench if he's not starting. You're obviously going to have the more versatile attacking players on the bench.

Archived