Over the line?

SaffyRam

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unreal, The net moves when it hits the back, the body language from every single player on both sides and you know its a goal.

Love to have seen an extra few seconds as they didnt even seem to know whos throw in it was.

Always worth remembering that if the officials don’t see it, they can’t give it.

We get a great view of the net being hit for a second, but we need to be pitch level to see what they saw. 

It’s possible the players obsecured the view of both with so many players in the area for the corner.

Given the reaction of both sides though I would have given it regardless of what I saw!

Goal line technology needs to happen all over. As does VAR, these games are worth too much money to not simply not see things. 

Absolutely no reason not to use what is available to us, players are not still wearing big brown clogger boots and heavy leather balls. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

Always worth remembering that if the officials don’t see it, they can’t give it.

We get a great view of the net being hit for a second, but we need to be pitch level to see what they saw. 

It’s possible the players obsecured the view of both with so many players in the area for the corner.

Given the reaction of both sides though I would have given it regardless of what I saw!

Goal line technology needs to happen all over. As does VAR, these games are worth too much money to not simply not see things. 

Absolutely no reason not to use what is available to us, players are not still wearing big brown clogger boots and heavy leather balls. 

Agree on the Goal Line, jury still out on VAR as its still about opinions a lot of the time.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Agree on the Goal Line, jury still out on VAR as its still about opinions a lot of the time.

VAR doesn’t take opinions out the game, just allows them a second chance to take a look, same as the expert pundits in the studio and at home.

Mistakes will still happen, but why not allow them that second opportunity.

2 minutes ago, David said:

VAR doesn’t take opinions out the game, just allows them a second chance to take a look, same as the expert pundits in the studio and at home.

Mistakes will still happen, but why not allow them that second opportunity.

It needs to be better than it has been, and yes im sure it will be. Which game was it it took 4 minutes or something like that in the world cup? With the ref walking away then went back for another look? I still think if the ref needs to look at the TV, if he cant make a decision within 20 seconds then its not clear and obvious which is what VAR is supposed to be about.

Also the Ronaldo incident was a good example of where the rules dont work.

VAR is for red card decisions, not yellow.

But the ref decides it doesnt warrant a red so gives a yellow anyway, so they break the rules. Send him off or dont do anything

Ball hits the back of the net at pace and bounces straight out to a Greenock player who hoofs it into touch, is why the lino gave the throw in - he obviously thought that it had hit a post or maybe another player rather than go into the net.  Blame the groundsman for making the nets too rigid ?

Archived