Butterfield

Philmycock

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's why the crap about Butterfield is just pie in the sky, he's never done anything, yet you throw Martin in with him - 3 seasons of great goalscoring and setting up for Derby. Oh and half a one for Fulham ?

So Butterfield, what's he done? ?

You judge footballers by what they are and not what they’ve done 

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

So a couple of months down the line what is the current situation with JB ? Without trawling through it all some thought he would knuckle down and force his way into the squad while some think he is just happy turning up and taking a big fat cheque every Friday?  Surely he will go on loan in January or there will be no defence against the second train of thought ? ?

Butterfield turned from a positive, attack minded player to a sideways passing bystander in one season. He’s a tidy footballer, can pass the ball well. He has good technique. However I barely noticed him in games. A complete ghost in midfield. He’s a lower Championship player imo. Paid over the odds for someone who had a decent 6 months. I could say that about a number of signings in Clements reign.

8 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Butterfield turned from a positive, attack minded player to a sideways passing bystander in one season. He’s a tidy footballer, can pass the ball well. He has good technique. However I barely noticed him in games. A complete ghost in midfield. He’s a lower Championship player imo. Paid over the odds for someone who had a decent 6 months. I could say that about a number of signings in Clements reign.

Apart from dear old Razza who was seemingly signed on the basis of a decent 6 minute clips video......?

8 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

To be fair Butterfield had always been a tidy player prior to coming to Derby.

His career stalled when he made moves to Norwich and Boro and failed to hold down a starting place.

Infact, other than Nick Blackman I'm not really sure who the 'decent 6 months' applies to?

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Must be the big money moves that effects him then? Or just bad tactics for his abilities.

I don't think Norwich was a big money move, think he was out of contract but not sure he ever played a match for them. Boro was rumoured to be a big money move.

On 03/10/2018 at 16:30, TheAllestreeRam said:

Butters goal in the U23s was magical. You all slated him but I actually stuck up for him. He will make a real difference in the first team when Frank selects him and that wonderful beard, I just really want to stroke it...

Are you Jacob Butterfield? ?

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Must be the big money moves that effects him then? Or just bad tactics for his abilities.

He did his ACL in January 2012 with Barnsley and signed, presumably still injured, for Premier League Norwich in the summer (who themselves had a new manager). 

Then within a few months of being signed by Boro, Mowbray was sacked and Boring Aitor came in. 

Think Butterfield is a weird one. He's actually got all the ability to be a good footballer in my opinion, but he's just never really made the most of his ability. Not sure whether it's down to attitude or what but certainly seems odd.

3 hours ago, cannable said:

He did his ACL in January 2012 with Barnsley and signed, presumably still injured, for Premier League Norwich in the summer (who themselves had a new manager). 

Then within a few months of being signed by Boro, Mowbray was sacked and Boring Aitor came in. 

Hmmmmm wonder if Blackburn would take him then? 

4 hours ago, keithy said:

Think Butterfield is a weird one. He's actually got all the ability to be a good footballer in my opinion, but he's just never really made the most of his ability. Not sure whether it's down to attitude or what but certainly seems odd.

I want him to move on and his little sad face to be all beaming happy again. Or failing that threaten him with being loaned to Wednesday again.

Archived