Butterfield

Philmycock

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

Do you think they could play anywhere then . Blimey that’s ridiculous 

They're 23. They're midfielders. They're most probably very talented midfielders who could be trained to play anywhere in midfield. Evans can play in defence too can't he? I bet Holmes could play up front if needed. 

7 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

I assume you always backed Johnson and Bryson then. 

Bryson yes , Thorne still, Johnson delighted when he signed- best player for 6 or 7 games . Lost form .  Form intermittent over a season generally, but at least he looks bothered when he play's rather than Butterfield who has some ability of 10 yards and can hold the ball ( as I've said before) but plays with such little interest he may as well be a corner flag.  I can see your opinion isn't for turning , but mine isn't either. 

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bryson yes , Thorne still, Johnson delighted when he signed- best player for 6 or 7 games . Lost form .  Form intermittent over a season generally, but at least he looks bothered when he play's rather than Butterfield who has some ability of 10 yards and can hold the ball ( as I've said before) but plays with such little interest he may as well be a corner flag.  I can see your opinion isn't for turning , but mine isn't either. 

Judging players on body language is why people don’t rate Ozil, Martin etcetera 

2 hours ago, The Arch Deacon said:

He's not all we need, but a step in the right direction. Look Roy, I know you can't stand the bloke, but the absolute lack of any basic footballing ability from Bryson, Johnson, Ledley etc... leaves me speechless. Just incapable of simply passing a ball to a bloke in a Derby shirt more than 2 or 3 times in succession before...opps! lost it again! I know you accuse Butterfield of everything including starting the war in Iraq, but whatever you think, backwards, sideward, forwards or otherwise, he can complete a pass. Watching him in the U23's last night against an unbeaten Brighton was a timely reminder of that, he ran the show for the most part, clearly motm. In the right side, playing the right pass and move football that I think FL's trying to get towards (and which we all agree he should persevere with compared to Rowetball!) Leaving out JB and GT is just baffling!

I've always held out hope that Butterfield would come good here and show us what a decent footballer he is.

However, I'm struggling to see how he fits into the midfield 3.

If he replaces Johnson we lose a lot of bite.

If he replaces Bryson we lose a lot of running.

And he simply doesn't replace Mount.

I personally see Butterfields usp being his ball retention and I just don't really see that as an issue that needs addressing at the moment. 

Against Brentford and Man United we showed our midfield is capable of mixing it with good football teams.

Our problems have been against the defensive teams. Butterfield may add a bit of creativity but I think he would weaken a midfield 3.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've always held out hope that Butterfield would come good here and show us what a decent footballer he is.

However, I'm struggling to see how he fits into the midfield 3.

If he replaces Johnson we lose a lot of bite.

If he replaces Bryson we lose a lot of running.

And he simply doesn't replace Mount.

I personally see Butterfields usp being his ball retention and I just don't really see that as an issue that needs addressing at the moment. 

Against Brentford and Man United we showed our midfield is capable of mixing it with good football teams.

Our problems have been against the defensive teams. Butterfield may add a bit of creativity but I think he would weaken a midfield 3.

If they run around flat out at 100 miles an hour all the time particularly Bryson which he and they won’t keep up all season. 

I mean Nugent as a loan CF was on overdrive for a while helping out .

It caught up with them at Bolton. 

I will be interested to see how they fare against the better teams in the Championship 

40 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That wouldn't be an issue - if he played well.  Surely Derby, Sheff wed, Norwich and Boro can't be wrong.

He signed for Premier League Norwich Norwich whilst coming off the back of an ACL injury and thus never head a chance. 

He moves to Tony Mowbray’s Boro only for Karanka to take over after three months.

He was arguably our best player under Clement before playing for defensive Mac 2 and Rowett. 

Again, change of manager at Wednesday and mass injuries. 

He comes back to us and doesn’t really suit our high press.

Not particularly good conditions for a player to express themself.

52 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

If they run around flat out at 100 miles an hour all the time particularly Bryson which he and they won’t keep up all season. 

I mean Nugent as a loan CF was on overdrive for a while helping out .

It caught up with them at Bolton. 

I will be interested to see how they fare against the better teams in the Championship 

Bryson could do it 24 hours a day 365 days a year.

Don't think tiredness played much of a part in the Bolton defeat, more a lack of creativity. Having controlled the game so easily and them not having possession the players didn't need to put so much mileage in. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not many teams beating a path to his door, is that our fault or his - afterall even Martin's huge wages don't stop him going out on loan?

It’s been fairly well established on here that a move to Hull missed the deadline 

Archived