Butterfield

Philmycock

21 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

I'd put my money on me over Butterfield. Nothing clever about that observation. Doesn't make it the right decision though.

Look Butterfield played okay in the 23s, nothing stunning. He played better after he's scored, probably a confidence thing, but is he really what we need?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Look Butterfield played okay in the 23s, nothing stunning. He played better after he's scored, probably a confidence thing, but is he really what we need?

He's not all we need, but a step in the right direction. Look Roy, I know you can't stand the bloke, but the absolute lack of any basic footballing ability from Bryson, Johnson, Ledley etc... leaves me speechless. Just incapable of simply passing a ball to a bloke in a Derby shirt more than 2 or 3 times in succession before...opps! lost it again! I know you accuse Butterfield of everything including starting the war in Iraq, but whatever you think, backwards, sideward, forwards or otherwise, he can complete a pass. Watching him in the U23's last night against an unbeaten Brighton was a timely reminder of that, he ran the show for the most part, clearly motm. In the right side, playing the right pass and move football that I think FL's trying to get towards (and which we all agree he should persevere with compared to Rowetball!) Leaving out JB and GT is just baffling!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

IMHO someone to run at them with ball and some width.

Ok that’s fair but we can argue all day about the merits of individuals. 

Frank stated when he arrived everyone started with a clean slate then he turned over the playing staff. It’s up to him now. 

Im just joshing around with what  could be . I think our midfield has room for changes at times. 

9 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

He's not all we need, but a step in the right direction. Look Roy, I know you can't stand the bloke, but the absolute lack of any basic footballing ability from Bryson, Johnson, Ledley etc... leaves me speechless. 

Seriously? 

And I care little for Butters true, but all the bigging him up well what's it based on? A few games when he first came here and since then?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously? 

And I care little for Butters true, but all the bigging him up well what's it based on? A few games when he first came here and since then?

Constant changes in management (6 in his 3 seasons), formation, style, strategy, etc... is good for no players form, Let me put the question to you. Who has performed to expectation in the same period???

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously? 

But people were slating Johnson and now they like him. 

Its all relative mate. 

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously? 

13 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Constant changes in management (6 in his 3 seasons), formation, style, strategy, etc... is good for no players form, Let me put the question to you. Who has performed to expectation in the same period???

Struggling Roy?? Let me jog your memory.

Thorne? Bryson? Johnson? Ledley? Elsnik? Anya? Palmer? DeSaart? (remember Him?) The list goes on. Have any prospered any better?

Even Will Hughes, totally out of sorts since part way through the 15/16 season. Now look at him? And then there's Ince and Hendrick, all had to leave to advance their careers.

Perhaps the problem is Derby's, not the player.

11 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Struggling Roy?? Let me jog your memory.

Thorne? Bryson? Johnson? Ledley? Elsnik? Anya? Palmer? DeSaart? (remember Him?) The list goes on. Have any prospered any better?

Even Will Hughes, totally out of sorts since part way through the 15/16 season. Now look at him? And then there's Ince and Hendrick, all had to leave to advance their careers.

? 

Bryson, yes. Thorne, injured. Ledley, started okay for Snake and then he hissed. Johnson has shown and done more under similar negative circumstances than Butterfield. Anya, Palmer, DeSaart yeah Butterfield might be as good as them.

I can only hope that Butterfield leaves to advance his career, I expect Hughes is looking over his shoulder even now. ?

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

?

Bryson, yes. Thorne, injured. Ledley, started okay for Snake and then he hissed. Johnson has shown and done more under similar negative circumstances than Butterfield. Anya, Palmer, DeSaart yeah Butterfield might be as good as them.

I can only hope that Butterfield leaves to advance his career, I expect Hughes is looking over his shoulder even now. ?

Has Butterfield run over your cat Roy. 

2 hours ago, Newleaf said:

Unbelievable stuff.

Butterfield stood out last night and against PSG.

Is Rowett going to turn it around at Stoke 

What the frig has that got to do with anything being discussed here. You can’t go five minutes without bloody mentioning him. 

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Why say that? Are you not enjoying watching us this season?

Not fussed. 

Ok in patches 

Does it matter as long as others are for now !

Still going to most games as I’m a Derby fan who wants us to win every game as I did at Bolton 

Archived