Life long Ram in need of help

NottsRam77

seriously overwhelmed by the amount of support and kind words, just beyond belief

it really is a bitter sweet thing 

I wish for all the money in the world that this wasn’t even a thing that was happening to us but to be supported by so many peoples kind words is Just simply unbelievable.

Dads currently having radiotherapy as we speak to help reduce some of his symptoms, which hopefully sets him up for the SIRTs,

he’s doing okish, needs to keep eating and resting but he’s fighting and hopefully the SIRTs will do what we hope they will. 

one massive thing for us to look forward to

Derby have very kindly offered to have him have his photo taken on the pitch... no idea who with or anything like that. But it’s happening... health permitting next Tuesday at the Blackburn game 

would love it if the opportunity arose to give him a bit of a clap ... he’d love that.. he’d think he’s some sort of superstar or something lol 

dont need to do the “whole dave buckley is a football genius” or anything like that, it would just go to his head lol

thankyou again all of u 

x

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, 

Mike Buckley here, NottsRam’s (Will’s) brother, one of Dave’s other sons. Another Rams fan for life. Favourite ever player: Baiano, favourite current player: Mason Bennett, ‘He’s one of our own.’ :) 

Our sister has organised an Instagram auction in support of Dad’s cause and I wanted to let you know about a particular prize that’s great value and brilliant day out for a family.

Its a kids’ party package at Oxygen Freejumping, worth over £400. There’s one in Derby. You can take up to 15 guests for one hour free jumping, party food provided and free t-shirts for all guests. Reserve price only £150. This is a real bargain for a kids’ birthday party. 

You can see more details here:

http://instagram.com/the_big_fight

All proceeds to help fund Dad’s cause here: 

https://uk.gofundme.com/sirt-cancer-treatment-fund

God bless you and COYR! ?❤️

18 hours ago, Ratpackram said:

Im a derby county supporting ratpack /swing singer who also djs after the singing... If you are having a fund raiser type event then I will offer my services free.... Offer is there If needed.   X

www.russellshaun.co.uk 

Thankyou mate 

very kind and generous offer really is 

thankyou 

Hi Mike and Will,

I have started an ebay auction for a fully signed Derby Co shirt 18/19 which I would like to offer the proceeds towards your dads fund. I've started the bidding at what the shirt cost me prior to being signed. I hope you reach your target, give your dad our best from.all Rams fans near and far. 

Best wishes

Scott

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Derby-county-signed-shirt-18-19-season/292727739870?hash=item4427eed5de:g:0NYAAOSwMZFbnAYP

19 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Hi Mike and Will,

I have started an ebay auction for a fully signed Derby Co shirt 18/19 which I would like to offer the proceeds towards your dads fund. I've started the bidding at what the shirt cost me prior to being signed. I hope you reach your target, give your dad our best from.all Rams fans near and far. 

Best wishes

Scott

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Derby-county-signed-shirt-18-19-season/292727739870?hash=item4427eed5de:g:0NYAAOSwMZFbnAYP

Mate don’t know what to say,

God bless u 

thank u so so much 

23 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Hi Mike and Will,

Best wishes

Scott

Thank you so much, Scott, that’s just incredibly kind. The solidarity of fellow Rams supporters has just been incredible, life affirming and profound.

Even in the early 90s, I used to stand on a milk crate on the Pop Side next to Dad and Will. That’s where I fell in love with football, Derby County and Rams fans. We were there together at that Sheffield Wednesday night cup match (semi final) when Shane Nicholson scored from about 30 yards! To make it 3-3! 

Thank you ??

Just to say,

i mentioned dad was meant to be having a photo pre game tonight 

unfortunately we have had a bit of a blow, ontop of everything else his knees have gone... completely 

They don’t think it’s cancer related as such but more to do with years of sport combined with the last few years of chemo and radio.. basically the cartlidge has gone ... so day to day he’s in a lot of pain which is heartbreaking

the club have been good and let us buy blue badge parking but at the moment he’s struggling to get to the end of the road never mind up to our seats so will have to see what we can do ongoing about getting him there but needless to say he just couldn’t have managed getting on the pitch which is heart breaking 

fortunately he can watch tonight’s game on rams tv being a midweeker and all that and after that I need to get my thinking cap on

On 18/09/2018 at 07:47, NottsRam77 said:

Just to say,

i mentioned dad was meant to be having a photo pre game tonight 

unfortunately we have had a bit of a blow, ontop of everything else his knees have gone... completely 

They don’t think it’s cancer related as such but more to do with years of sport combined with the last few years of chemo and radio.. basically the cartlidge has gone ... so day to day he’s in a lot of pain which is heartbreaking

the club have been good and let us buy blue badge parking but at the moment he’s struggling to get to the end of the road never mind up to our seats so will have to see what we can do ongoing about getting him there but needless to say he just couldn’t have managed getting on the pitch which is heart breaking 

fortunately he can watch tonight’s game on rams tv being a midweeker and all that and after that I need to get my thinking cap on

I was watching out but assumed had missed it, sorry he couldn't make it.

Could the club move your seats temporarily so no steps involved?

On 19/09/2018 at 12:56, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Hi mate,

Thanks again for the ticket last night. Was good meeting you and your brother and I enjoyed the game for the most part despite the result.

I've just left a donation and going to share the link with my Mum as she wants to help.

All the best guys.

It was an utter pleasure mate 

Cracking to meet u and best of luck with your uni course

massive thankyou too buddy and say thankyou to ur mum too, really kind of her 

COYR

On 31/08/2018 at 18:54, BathRam72 said:

Will do mate. As soon as I am home. I hope you raise the money required and it is successful. 

All the best to your dad, family and fellow Rams family 

Done. Sorry I took so long, other stuff happened.

All the best to you and your dad. 

On 19/09/2018 at 19:28, Paul71 said:

I was watching out but assumed had missed it, sorry he couldn't make it.

Could the club move your seats temporarily so no steps involved?

Cheers buddy, yer it was a real shame, going to try and get him to the Brentford game, have got car parking at the ground so being a Saturday kick off gives us a bit more time to get there  

We’re investigating that avenue re seating 

coyr 

Unfortunately not 

he just wasn’t up to it 

going to watch the cup game with him round mine and have been talking about what we do moving forward 

Saturday was more about fatigue than anything else, he just has days where he’s wiped out, radio therapy induced I think apparently the effects kick in up to 5 weeks after treatment 

will be speaking to the club again see what else we can do to get him down 

they’ve been really good so far 

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Unfortunately not 

he just wasn’t up to it 

going to watch the cup game with him round mine and have been talking about what we do moving forward 

Saturday was more about fatigue than anything else, he just has days where he’s wiped out, radio therapy induced I think apparently the effects kick in up to 5 weeks after treatment 

From experience mate each day is different, what seems impossible now may be manageable this time next week.

Keep ploughing on, I'm glad to hear the club are doing everything they can.

Best wishes.

11 hours ago, reveldevil said:

From experience mate each day is different, what seems impossible now may be manageable this time next week.

Keep ploughing on, I'm glad to hear the club are doing everything they can.

Best wishes.

Cheers buddy

yes ur so right, he’s has good and bad days, better and not so good 

We keep fighting it though 

15 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Unfortunately not 

he just wasn’t up to it 

I really sympathise. I don’t think I knew what fatigue really was until radiotherapy! I remember emptying the dishwasher one item at a time - and having to rest in between! It does eventually start to get better, though I’ve never recovered my energy levels - but I’m alive! I think of you and your dad in my quiet times. All the best to him and his family- I always thought those who loved me suffered just as much as me but in different ways.

7 hours ago, archram said:

I really sympathise. I don’t think I knew what fatigue really was until radiotherapy! I remember emptying the dishwasher one item at a time - and having to rest in between! It does eventually start to get better, though I’ve never recovered my energy levels - but I’m alive! I think of you and your dad in my quiet times. All the best to him and his family- I always thought those who loved me suffered just as much as me but in different ways.

Agree,  i think unless you have experienced it then if someone says they are fatigued its easy to assume they mean they are just tired.

I always try and describe it but not sure people understand.  The fact one minute you can be ok the next feels like someone has stuck a big needle in your stomach and sucked all the energy out.

Total sympathy for anyone who suffers it is awful.

Archived