Sign in to follow this  
Animal is a Ram

Callum Guy - loan/permanent in Jan, Blackpool

They need to be knocking on the door at 18 not hanging around for 4 or so seasons looking like they could make the step up.

Sell em with a decent resale clause if they hit 21 and don’t get in the first team squad I say.

May have to forgo the prem status though, but we can mix some older squad players in if they struggle I guess.

13 hours ago, richinspain said:

. How much input will he have, especially over the director of the Academy?

A huge amount. From Wassall's point of view, Jody and Frank are his first and best customers. And in any business, you want to keep your best customers happy.

7 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

A huge amount. From Wassall's point of view, Jody and Frank are his first and best customers. And in any business, you want to keep your best customers happy.

Discarding 90% of his products and replacing them with the ones that his customer tells him to have? What if his customer wins the lottery and goes from Sainsbury's to Marks and Spencer's next week?

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

Discarding 90% of his products and replacing them with the ones that his customer tells him to have? What if his customer wins the lottery and goes from Sainsbury's to Marks and Spencer's next week?

Not a good analogy. You need to think more like a small business with a large business customer. 

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

Not a good analogy. You need to think more like a small business with a large business customer. 

Who then drops you like a stone when you don't do as he wants or finds another supplier cheaper.

I am sure that the manager and first team coach will have input into playing style etc, but surely the Academy head will have say on who will make it and who not?

49 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Who then drops you like a stone when you don't do as he wants or finds another supplier cheaper.

I am sure that the manager and first team coach will have input into playing style etc, but surely the Academy head will have say on who will make it and who not?

That's exactly it!

The academy needs to produce the goods at the right cost and quality to satisfy the customer, or else customer will source supplies elsewhere. 

The policy was outlined before. If any club wants to loan our players cheap that’s fine, but they’ll do well and impress then the cost will not be as cheap.

Good luck to the lad.