Callum Guy - loan/permanent in Jan, Blackpool

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame to see guy go as I always thought he had potential, but he just hasn’t made the step up I guess. Still a surprise to be letting him go without another season long loan to see what he’s capable of. Really surprised to see Lewis Walker released too, he looked a real talent. Not quite sure what’s happening with the u23s as everyone seems to be heading out, all very odd.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Really surprised to see Lewis Walker released too, he looked a real talent. Not quite sure what’s happening with the u23s as everyone seems to be heading out, all very odd.

Missed reading that. I agree I thought he had a bit about him.

8 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

Time to start a heinous rumour that we are in breach of FFP - and hence are winding up the U23’s ?

Complete opposite. The academy wasn't producing anything other than 1/2 big players every few years. Selling the players who aren't breaking through will sustain the academy independently from the club. Let's say we get around 300k for most players we're selling on with a % sell on clause, the academy will soon fund itself 

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

Complete opposite. The academy wasn't producing anything other than 1/2 big players every few years. Selling the players who aren't breaking through will sustain the academy independently from the club. Let's say we get around 300k for most players we're selling on with a % sell on clause, the academy will soon fund itself 

You'd need to sell alot of players to generate £5-6m per year.

They need to be knocking on the door at 18 not hanging around for 4 or so seasons looking like they could make the step up.

Sell em with a decent resale clause if they hit 21 and don’t get in the first team squad I say.

May have to forgo the prem status though, but we can mix some older squad players in if they struggle I guess.

Archived