The Loanee Update Thread 18/19

Ramarena

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

today's update...

League 1

Offrande Zanzala started again for Accrington Stanley  - but substituted after 85 in 1-0 defeat at Rochdale

Coventry up to 6th - Luke Thomas again starring without scoring - 'Coventry looked more menacing after the break and they should have scored when Luke Thomas won the ball on the halfway line, did all the hard work by dribbling his way into the area, but failed to find the finish'

Callum Guy didn't play for Blackpool in  v Burton

Jamie Hanson started for oxford in their defeat V Bradford, Mitchell back on the bench

League 2

Kellan Gordon came on as a 2nd half sub and Jason Shackell played the full game for top of the table Lincoln City as they drew 1-1 with 4th placed Mansfield for whom Timi Max Elsnik came on as a late sub.

Farrend Rawson started as Forest Green as they won away at Carlisle United 

Charles Vernam scored his 2nd of the season, from a Ben Pringle cross as Grimsby drew 2-2 at Northampton

In the foreign leagues

max lowe started for Aberdeen, but they lost 3-0 to Motherwell.

Alex Babos appears to be finally playing for Real Union - 3 games this season according to Soccerway

nick blackman still not appearing for Sporting Gijon though..

1 hour ago, singaporeram said:

today's update...

League 1

Offrande Zanzala started again for Accrington Stanley  - but substituted after 85 in 1-0 defeat at Rochdale

Coventry up to 6th - Luke Thomas again starring without scoring - 'Coventry looked more menacing after the break and they should have scored when Luke Thomas won the ball on the halfway line, did all the hard work by dribbling his way into the area, but failed to find the finish'

Jamie Hanson started for oxford in their defeat V Bradford, Mitchell back on the bench

League 2

Kellan Gordon came on as a 2nd half sub and Jason Shackell played the full game for top of the table Lincoln City as they drew 1-1 with 4th placed Mansfield for whom Timi Max Elsnik came on as a late sub.

Charles Vernam scored his 2nd of the season, from a Ben Pringle cross as Grimsby drew 2-2 at Northampton

In the foreign leagues

Alex Babos appears to be finally playing for Real Union - 3 games this season according to Soccerway

Lest we forget.  Chris Martin substituted at half time. Seems he played more like a pussy cat than a tiger against the Gumps.

3 hours ago, singaporeram said:

today's update...

League 1

League 2

In the foreign leagues

Kellan Gordon scored for Lincoln today and according to his twitter account Nick Blackman was back on the pitch for Sporting Gijon this week.

On 04/11/2018 at 23:14, Inverurie Ram said:

"I haven’t witnessed anything like it. Back at home there is a lot of rivalry between Derby and Nottingham Forest but it is nothing like the Aberdeen against Rangers and Celtic games."

He could have bigged us up a bit more!

On 24/11/2018 at 21:25, i-Ram said:

Lest we forget.  Chris Martin substituted at half time. Seems he played more like a pussy cat than a tiger against the Gumps.

And yet it was 0-0 at half-time and the Gumps scored two in the second half...make of that what you will.

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And yet it was 0-0 at half-time and the Gumps scored two in the second half...make of that what you will.

A few comments from the match thread on the HCFC Forum. Make of it what you will:

Martin ffs - plays like he doesn't give a **** or is just **** - either way, he's ****

Martin isn't a strikers ********, the bone idle, lazy **** him.

Stewart actually did well today imo! The biggest question for me was what was worse... The refs performance or Martin's first touch !

Watched Martin enough to say he s not a good header, has no pace, not a forward who will make many runs but his best quality when on form is holding the ball up well.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

A few comments from the match thread on the HCFC Forum. Make of it what you will:

Martin ffs - plays like he doesn't give a **** or is just **** - either way, he's ****

Martin isn't a strikers ********, the bone idle, lazy **** him.

Stewart actually did well today imo! The biggest question for me was what was worse... The refs performance or Martin's first touch !

Watched Martin enough to say he s not a good header, has no pace, not a forward who will make many runs but his best quality when on form is holding the ball up well.

Hull are poo, without or with Martin. Make of that what you will.

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That he’s a good enough striker to be paid a large wage amount - that’s what I make of that. 

Before he went on strike, and got a long contract, he was good enough. Nearly 2 years on, and what 4 or 5 (?) goals later, he looks neither good enough anymore, nor worth his current wage. I wonder what Mel makes of that?

For what it’s worth on Martin I had a look at the Hull not606 forum and while you do get some of the comments above, the posters who have tended to be a little more analytical make the point that they aren’t getting forward or giving him anything to feed on so there’s maybe is a balance to consider.

Ok, so this is my two cents on the Chris Martin argument. Mainly because I'm sick of reading the same comments putting him down or bigging him up more than he deserves. He did great for us a few seasons back and we all have fond memories of his goalscoring form, he was a great servant to the club and he was treated badly while we messed around with management changes. That has stalled his career.

To be honest though, although he does thrive in the right system with the right players, he isn't good enough for teams to be built around him and his needs. At this level teams can't afford to get a marquee player and spend money on trying to put the right players around them. It works in the top leagues with world class players, but this is the Championship where you need players to fit in different systems and deliver across a 50+ game season.

I'm sure a lot of managers would love to have Martin in their team, but it's not just the cost of Martin you need to consider when putting him in your squad. You have to surround him with the right team mates and that costs more money.

I'm happy that we have strikers like Marriott (natural goalscorer from any position), Waghorn (hard-working front man who can operate out wide effectively too) and Nugent (great character on and off the pitch for the young players to learn from) at the moment. Martin wouldn't get into this team currently.

We've moved on as a team and we should move on as fans and remember the good times when he was banging in goals for fun during Mac1.

Archived