The Loanee Update Thread 18/19

Ramarena

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

So I wonder what’s happening with the returning loans.........no change of manager so there won’t be the yearly Martin saga, I imagine he’ll be out on loan again or sold for a cut price fee.

Hope fully some of the youngsters like McAllister, Lowe and Elsnik get a chance to show frank how they’ve developed.

I imagine the rest of the seniors will be released and of course there will be the continuation of the what’s happening to George Thorne debate!

Just now, Ramarena said:

So I wonder what’s happening with the returning loans.........no change of manager so there won’t be the yearly Martin saga, I imagine he’ll be out on loan again or sold for a cut price fee.

Hope fully some of the youngsters like McAllister, Lowe and Elsnik get a chance to show frank how they’ve developed.

I imagine the rest of the seniors will be released and of course there will be the continuation of the what’s happening to George Thorne debate!

Oh we will make sure there is a saga, we will make sure of that!

In all seriousness can see a few of the youngsters cutting through McAllister and Thomas could fill in for a missing Wilson.

Thorne will be an interesting one once again, surely with Shinnie, Evans and potentially Huddlestone + Johnson they’ll be enough cover there. We’ve probably fully moved on from Thorne/Martin now as sad as it is to say.

Loan Review

Goalkeepers

Mitchell - half season at Oxford, half at Shrewsbury. 24 games, 27 conceded, 11 clean sheets

Matt Yates - Started season with Gloucester City. Then joined Hereford in October until the end of the season. Played 33 games

Defenders

Lowe - most of the season at Aberdeen. 40 games, 3 goals

Kellan Gordon - half season at Lincoln. Played 10 and scored 2

Ethan Wassall - 1 month at Hereford. Played in 5 games  

Karic - short loan to Braintree

Midfielders

Thorne - half season at Luton. 3 games

Elsnik - half season at Mansfield and half at Northampton. 32 games with 5 goals and 2 assists. Out of contract this summer.

Babos - half season at Real Union. Played in 5 games

Wingers

Thomas - Full season at Coventry. 44 games, 5 goals and 5 assists

McAllister - half season at St Mirren. 15 games, 3 goals 

Forwards

Martin - full season at Hull. 31 games, 2 goals and 4 assists

Javaun Splatt - Joined Mickleover for the last month of their season. 

I’ve excluded the players who obviously won’t be here next season (Butterfield, Blackman, etc). Hopefully I didn’t miss any others

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/06/2019 at 19:14, maydrakin said:

It seems by the replies to Nick Blackman’s tweet that he won’t be welcome back in Gijon next season...

https://twitter.com/nblackman89?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Without being able to translate the Spanish ones, seems a mixed bag of goodbye good luck that most players get and a few "you were ?

On 28/05/2019 at 16:35, Ramarena said:

I blame you...

Archived