Ramarena

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to update this for the weekend

Chris Martin - Came off bench after 63 mins as Hull lost 3-0

Nick Blackman - Came off bench after 75 mins as Sporting Gijon lost 1-0

Max Lowe - Came off bench after 90 mins as Aberdeen won 1-0

Jonathan Mitchell - Played the full match but couldnt stop Oxford losing 2-1, Jamie Hanson also started

Luke Thomas - Played the full match as Coventry lost 3-1

Timi Elsnik - Came off the bench after 76 mins but couldnt stop Mansfield throwing away there 1-0 lead after 88 mins

Max Lowe played 61 mins before being replaced by McGinn at Easter Road as Aberdeen beat Hibernian on penalties in the quarter final of the Betfred Cup. As I was watching Man Utd v Derby County in the Caraboa Cup in the Commercial Inn with @Ramadonna9 on Sky Sports, we did manage to watch the first 15 minutes due to the 7:45pm kick off, and the first 15 minutes of the second half, and bits of the match when Man Utd were in possession, so not much!

Max attacked well, delivering good cross balls and won some tackles, but struggled to get back to defend, he stopped some cross balls coming in, but also missed some. As I only saw, just above half of his performance, difficult to comment on it, due to my eyes being focused on the mighty Rams performance at Old Trafford, but it appeared he was subbed off, so Aberdeen could press for a winner in normal time, even though the game ended 0-0 after extra time, before Aberdeen like Derby won their cup tie on penalties.

It was good to hear some "C'mon Derby" shouts from the locals in the pub as they huddled around the main BT Sport screen, as the Derby fans looked after 3 screens near the pool table. It seems to attract a few Liverpool fans does this pub and it was no suprise that they were happy to see Man Utd being shown how to play football.

Max enjoy playing Glasgow Rangers at Hampden at 12 o'clock on a Sunday in the semi finals before Celtic play Hearts also at Hampden after this game at 7:45pm. The power and money of TV strikes again.

More importantly hope Max enjoyed hearing the score coming through from Old Trafford!

And a big shout out to The Commercial Inn, Inverurie for making us Derby County fans feel so welcome and the free hot dogs at half time were cracking.

Well done Max.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45632365

11 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Max Lowe played 61 mins before being replaced by McGinn at Easter Road as Aberdeen beat Hibernian on penalties in the quarter final of the Betfred Cup. As I was watching Man Utd v Derby County in the Caraboa Cup in the Commercial Inn with @Ramadonna9 on Sky Sports, we did manage to watch the first 15 minutes due to the 7:45pm kick off, and the first 15 minutes of the second half, and bits of the match when Man Utd were in possession, so not much!

Max attacked well, delivering good cross balls and won some tackles, but struggled to get back to defend, he stopped some cross balls coming in, but also missed some. As I only saw, just above half of his performance, difficult to comment on it, due to my eyes being focused on the mighty Rams performance at Old Trafford, but it appeared he was subbed off, so Aberdeen could press for a winner in normal time, even though the game ended 0-0 after extra time, before Aberdeen like Derby won their cup tie on penalties.

It was good to hear some "C'mon Derby" shouts from the locals in the pub as they huddled around the main BT Sport screen, as the Derby fans looked after 3 screens near the pool table. It seems to attract a few Liverpool fans does this pub and it was no suprise that they were happy to see Man Utd being shown how to play football.

Max enjoy playing Glasgow Rangers at Hampden at 12 o'clock on a Sunday in the semi finals before Celtic play Hearts also at Hampden after this game at 7:45pm. The power and money of TV strikes again.

More importantly hope Max enjoyed hearing the score coming through from Old Trafford!

And a big shout out to The Commercial Inn, Inverurie for making us Derby County fans feel so welcome and the free hot dogs at half time were cracking.

Well done Max.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45632365

I look forward to cheering on Max at Hampden on the 27th. Hoping he gets a start, it will be a good experience for him.     

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:02, ram59 said:

The refs still aren't giving him penalties when he's fouled in the box. 

They did today...

Brit Assombalonga opened the scoring for Boro by heading in Jonny Howson's deep cross at the far post six minutes into the second half.

But Hull equalised through Jarrod Bowen's penalty 18 minutes later after Chris Martin was fouled in the Middlesbrough penalty area.

I'll give a run down again

Chris Martin - Played full 90, won a penalty and got booked

Nick Blackman - Came off bench after 73 mins as Sporting Gijon won 1-0

Max Lowe - Came off bench after 71 mins as Aberdeen lost 1-0

Jonathan Mitchell - Played the full match but couldnt stop Oxford losing 2-1, Jamie Hanson also started

Luke Thomas - Played 77 mins as Coventry drew 1-1, looked good second half

Timi Elsnik - Played full 90, scored an excellent goal that helped Mansfield to win 4-0

We need to keep an eye on this. He didn’t start today - maybe his form has been a bit spotty to-date. But for this to be a worthwhile exercise he needs to be playing regularly. Otherwise he might as well be somewhere else or back with us. 

He needs to do well at Aberdeen- if he can’t hold down a regular place there then it wouldn’t bode well for his chances in the Championship.

Archived