The Loanee Update Thread 18/19

Ramarena

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Probably best all round if he stops the full season in the Scottish premiership and next year if he proves too good for that level, we should loan him to an English league 1 side. 

wat

7 hours ago, SaintRam said:

wat

Having just watched those highlights, although i'm very glad Lowe is doing well, i wouldnt be too hasty in bringing him back in. I'd expect lots of our youngsters to excel in that game, the quality looks below our u23 matches. (But this is from 8 minutes of highlights, maybe its not all that poor)

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Having just watched those highlights, although i'm very glad Lowe is doing well, i wouldnt be too hasty in bringing him back in. I'd expect lots of our youngsters to excel in that game, the quality looks below our u23 matches. (But this is from 8 minutes of highlights, maybe its not all that poor)

I would agree,great loan move for Max and I’m delighted he’s doing well,enjoying it and getting games in.

It can only be a positive.

I’ve watched a fair bit of the Scottish football on Sky and would have to agree that the standard is not great.

25 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Max appears very happy up there and that's good. He does seem to have gone a bit native though, referring to the Rams as "they" rather than "we" or "us". You never hear Wilson hint that he is other than a Liverpool player.

That just shows he's focussed on the team he's playing for. I'm guessing he doesn't know how long he's going to be there or indeed if he has a long term future at Derby.

7 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

I would suggest, based on the evidence of having watched almost all of Max Lowe's appearances in our U23s - in which he was by far the best player on the pitch in basically every game, that that is likely untrue. 

I think Max is our no.1 LB next season, regardless of what league we're in.

From the bbc...

Aberdeen captain Graeme Shinnie says the squad are all "desperate" for left-back Max Lowe to extend his loan spell.

The 21-year-old signed a three-year deal in August with Derby County, who loaned him to the Dons until January.

Manager Derek McInnes will speak to County boss Frank Lampard next week about extending his stay at Pittodrie.

"Max has been absolutely top-class since he came in; he is a great lad and his performances have been different class," Shinnie said.

"We are all desperate for him to stay. But when a player is doing so well, his own club might look at him for their team.

"It is out of our hands but everyone is desperate for Max to stay."

Dons win appeal over Cosgrove 'dive' booking

Ferguson 'capable of big moments'

Cormack becomes Dons vice-chairman

McInnes says he has already had "positive conversations" with Derby about Lowe, who has played 16 games for Aberdeen since the start of September.

"We would love to have him, but he is not our player, and part of the difficulty with the loan system is that recall - we have that with our loan players when we put them out," he explained.

"He has done fantastically, and you can see he is clearly getting better and better each game. He has still got a lot to do on the defensive side of it to go and be a first pick in the [English] Championship for me, but he is clearly working towards that.

"He gives us a real attacking threat; like a lot of good full-backs, the best part of his defensive work is actually his attacking play. He forces his direct opponent to defend with his pace and his aggression, and how he closes the space down."

25 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Possibly not high up on the agenda of most DCFC fans tonight but it was the AFC AGM tonight and it looks like Max is coming back to Derby in January.

Nothing official, just some of the noises coming from the board. 

Kind of a shame for dons if so and I'm not sure if he'd be better off for playing more often rather than covering malone.

9 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Kind of a shame for dons if so and I'm not sure if he'd be better off for playing more often rather than covering malone.

I think he would share the role with malone with neither being great defenders but both ok going forward 

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I think he would share the role with malone with neither being great defenders but both ok going forward 

Yeah, malone and fozzy we’re rotating. So I imagine max would too. 

Mind you, if the theory is that the wing backs get tired easy cos they do lots of running, why is Bogle never rotated? Is it cos wisdom so a very different right back? Malone and Max will be quite similar I think, so easy to rotate. 

15 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Sensible by us to bring him back due to us only having malone available 

Unfortunately, from what I've seen neither are natural defenders and it would indicate we are not going to buy in January for that position.

Archived