The Loanee Update Thread 18/19

Ramarena

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any loanee has to tell fans where they're playing that they'd like to stay with the club. If Max said nah, I can't wait to get back to Derby and fight for my place, it wouldn't endear him to the Aberdeen fans. But he must be casting envious glances in the direction of Jayden Bogle and wondering if he can come back in January and force his way back into our first team.

He has most chance of that if he plays really well consistently for Aberdeen, and stays fit for the duration.

3 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

After an excellent display in the semi, it looks like Max will be playing in the Scottish League Cup Final. Good luck to him.

I'm surprised he's been used as a sub so much at Aberdeen. Full backs don't often get subbed, which would suggest to me he's being played more as a winger? Am I right or way off the scent? 

It was a surprise to the majority of the fans that he didnt start, but he did really well once he found his feet.

It was brilliant to see him celebrating with the players and fans at the end.

I doubt he has played in an atmosphere like that before, but he stood up to lots of pressure down his wing. 

He's got a cup final to look forward to on Dec 2nd. He might have a shiny new medal to show off back at Moor Farm on 1st Jan....? 

Spotted Jonathan Mitchell's last game for Oxford was 6th October. Since then their regular keeper Simon Eastwood's come back in from injury (he broke a finger early in the season which is why Mitchell went there).

Mitchell wasn't even on the bench for the last match - not sure if he's injured. I thought he was loaned out till January, but maybe it was an emergency goalkeeper loan and he's now back at Derby? Don't expect it's been easy as they've been bottom of the league throughout (picked up a little this month and started climbing the table) but bound to do him good. 

On a side note, having moved permanently this summer, Jamie Hanson can't make the team. 

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Spotted Jonathan Mitchell's last game for Oxford was 6th October. Since then their regular keeper Simon Eastwood's come back in from injury (he broke a finger early in the season which is why Mitchell went there).

Mitchell wasn't even on the bench for the last match - not sure if he's injured. I thought he was loaned out till January, but maybe it was an emergency goalkeeper loan and he's now back at Derby? Don't expect it's been easy as they've been bottom of the league throughout (picked up a little this month and started climbing the table) but bound to do him good. 

On a side note, having moved permanently this summer, Jamie Hanson can't make the team. 

They can only have five loans in the squad each game and have six, so someone has to miss out. Looks like it’s Mitchell at the moment. 

Archived