The Loanee Update Thread 18/19

Ramarena

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday update 

Chris Martin was a 70th min sub in the hull millwall game.

Luke Thomas played 90 mins and scored in covs 2-1 defeat

Kelle Gordon was an unused sub in Lincoln’s match 

Mitchell was named on the bench in the Oxfords match

alex babos was on the bench for unions draw against Calahorra

nick Blackman and Gijon play tomorrow 

2 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Shame they lost at the end though 

Not really. I don’t really care I’m the slightest about Coventry’s fortunes as a club. I care about Thomas’s performances. He’s not a defender, so all he can do is score. Coventry could loose every game 4-3 as far as I’m concerned, if Thomas gets a hat trick every game, I’ll be more than happy with that. 

Good to see the Coventry fans are having the same sort of discussion we're having about Liverpool recalling Harry Wilson:

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/luke-thomas-massive-concern.94850/

It means Luke is playing well and the loan's working how it should. Though the difference is (I believe) Luke's loan is only officially until January so if he's to stay, it needs to be specifically extended.

Just want to add lads.. I wasn't at the game but I quickly had a look at the live texts last night on the BBC and Lowe had an absolute stormer. Basically played as a winger at full back and I quote 'Livingston are struggling to contain Max Lowe', 'Another Lowe cross from the left' etc etc. As much as he's developing there I'd like to see him come back and play first team, I'm a fan of Malone but this guy could be ten times the player if he stays fit. 

6 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

Just want to add lads.. I wasn't at the game but I quickly had a look at the live texts last night on the BBC and Lowe had an absolute stormer. Basically played as a winger at full back and I quote 'Livingston are struggling to contain Max Lowe', 'Another Lowe cross from the left' etc etc. As much as he's developing there I'd like to see him come back and play first team, I'm a fan of Malone but this guy could be ten times the player if he stays fit. 

He is really finding some form and consistency. He's playing in a settled back 5 which helps, and the left sided centre half McKenna is a leader and looks to be guiding Max along.  

He still makes small errors defensively, but he's still learning and getting away with it. 

January will be a big month. If Max stays up North there's a chance McKenna will get a move south and he will be a miss. If Max comes back to Derby he risks losing momentum that he has built up. 

6 hours ago, clarkeram7 said:

It's a shame the BBC match report then failed to mention Max Lowe. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46435721

Aberdeen 3-2 Livingston Tue 11th Dec 2018.

I was at the game with my eldest son and his two cousins in the rain and wind when I could have been at home watching Baecelona v Spurs etc, and you are correct @clarkeram7 Max Lowe played really well again.

Max reads the game really well and is never frightened to take any player on, he has the skill, pace and intelligence to do so and his decision making is quick and clever.

His highlights in the first half included making a great chasing back tackle after 15 mins, made a great switch move creating a chance after 25 mins, won a free kick after 27 mins, cut inside after 29 mins creating a chance for Wilson, but unfortunately put in a bad cross after 46 mins. In the second half he got down the wing a couple of times after 60 mins, before beating 3 players but over running it for a goal kick, on 75 mins he covered on the right side of defence for Logan who had broken down the left. On 80 mins he made a great run down the left beating a player with great pace and then putting a fast pass back to the edge of the box creating another great chance.

Throughout both halfs Max was the last defender sitting in the middle on the half way line encouraging his team mates to push forward, covering them all and looked very composed all night. We were sat in the Merkland Stand and I heard many moans and groans regarding many Aberdeen players, but only heard praise for Max's play including two blokes in front of me saying surely Derby are keeping an eye on him, and it's only a matter of time for Lampard to recall him back to Derby. I was tempted to tap them both on the shoulders and to unzip my coat to show them my Derby County Training Hoody Top, and to tell them yes we are definitely keeping an eye on our Super Max Lowe.

Other news, AFC came out to a few boys waving the Stand Free and COYR flags and they had a massive COYR flag on the centre circle like the champions league, and me and the boys tucked into Steak Pies, Macorini Pies, Haribo sweets, Boost bars, some other fruity chews, Hot Chocolates and I had a nice cup of tea.

Archived