Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ramarena

The Loanee Update Thread 18/19

Recommended Posts

Timi Max Elsnik is back from Mansfield. Apparently they activated the clause, despite his 24 appearances and 4 goals.

Either they've too many loans so are thinning them out (I think that was an issue for them) or Timi asked to return and they've been nice or for some reason he's suddenly dropped out of their plans.

I'm pleased as he's proved he can play week in, week out in man's football, but I don't see how a second full season in League Two really helped. https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/01/elsnik-returns-from-mansfield-loan

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Timi Max Elsnik is back from Mansfield. Apparently they activated the clause, despite his 24 appearances and 4 goals.

Either they've too many loans so are thinning them out (I think that was an issue for them) or Timi asked to return and they've been nice or for some reason he's suddenly dropped out of their plans.

I'm pleased as he's proved he can play week in, week out in man's football, but I don't see how a second full season in League Two really helped. https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/01/elsnik-returns-from-mansfield-loan

Is it possible we want him back but the only way to do so was to ask them to cancel it?

No idea if he’s good enough to get minutes for us?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Is it possible we want him back but the only way to do so was to ask them to cancel it?

No idea if he’s good enough to get minutes for us?

In the transfer thread it's now confirmed by Flitcroft (the Mansfield manager) that they have too many loans and couldn't have Timi in the squad. I'm glad he's back. Lots of ability and a second chance to impress Frank and Jody.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

In the transfer thread it's now confirmed by Flitcroft (the Mansfield manager) that they have too many loans and couldn't have Timi in the squad. I'm glad he's back. Lots of ability and a second chance to impress Frank and Jody.

Me too.

Mansfield have just signed Jorge Grant on loan from Nottingham Forest who is 24 and maybe a bit more experienced at that level (he was on loan at Luton first half of season.)

David Flitcroft is very nice about Elsnik on the Mansfield website here:

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2019/january/midfielder-returns-to-derby/

Share this post


Link to post

Glad he is back very promising player hopefully on the squad tonight...further forward in his progression than Bird and physically stronger.

He is also a goal threat good shot on him would like to see him given a chance now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Glad he is back very promising player hopefully on the squad tonight...further forward in his progression than Bird and physically stronger.

He is also a goal threat good shot on him would like to see him given a chance now.

 

 

He's cup tied, I think.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.