Timi Elsnik - joined Mansfield season-long loan (Terminated)

ViewsFromTheMiddle

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe not that odd.

Manager David Flitcroft said: “By bringing in two quality signings in Jorge Grant and Nicky Ajose, we have to ensure we are balancing the numbers from a business point of view and as a consequence of that, Timi has had to return to Derby.

“I’ve worked with Timi previously [at Swindon] and he’s a player who I absolutely love working with. He absolutely committed himself to Mansfield Town and to everything I asked of him. 

“He was well liked by the players and staff and I have nothing but respect for him over the two loans which I’ve had him for.

“I wish him every success for the future and he deserves all the success that comes his way.”

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2019/january/midfielder-returns-to-derby/

8 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah - posted on the loan update thread without realizing his return would be here. I've noted for ages on the Mansfield forum they've had an issue with too many loans and have been discussing who needs to go with new players coming in. No one wanted to lose Timi, but it seems the way. I'm pleased he's now got another chance to impress Frank.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yeah - posted on the loan update thread without realizing his return would be here. I've noted for ages on the Mansfield forum they've had an issue with too many loans and have been discussing who needs to go with new players coming in. No one wanted to lose Timi, but it seems the way. I'm pleased he's now got another chance to impress Frank.

Can he go out on loan again? That is what will happen I would think if he can......

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can he go out on loan again? That is what will happen I would think if he can......

Yes he's only played for Mansfield this season so is eligible to go to another club. I'd rather it was League One if that happened. Perhaps Luke Thomas can put a word in at Coventry.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yes he's only played for Mansfield this season so is eligible to go to another club. I'd rather it was League One if that happened. Perhaps Luke Thomas can put a word in at Coventry.

I agree & I know I'm only going on watching him for 30 mins on Saturday but I feel League 1 would be a better fit for his development...assuming he wouldn't get on the field for us.

Mate of mine is a big stags fan, and rates Elsnik highly and is a bit disappointed he’s come back to us. As do most stags fans judging by their comments on him on social media. But as is rightly being said in here, they have an issue with too many loans, so had to sacrifice one, and they decided Elsnik was the one they could cope without.

not that he was sent back for not being good enough for Mansfield, like people are saying on other platforms, obviously without knowing anything of how his loan spell actually went 

Could well be down to costs, or something to do with Mansfield wanting to bring in a different selection of loan players. You can only have five, I think? Can't really think why else they would do this seeing as the manager seems to rate him and he actually played quite well down there. 

Would love to see him get a crack at our midfield three. 

Although hes promising, at this point in the season and  in our current position we should be sending him back out on loan. A midfield 3 of Mount, Evans - only played 4 full games all season and Elsnik - Never played in championship before doesn't sit well with me. Its not the time to be taking risks on the unknown, We need a player who is consistent and has the required experience?

32 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Always rated Timi,a lot going for him.

i have no idea how he would fit in to our current set up.

I’d like to think that if Duane Holmes is starting to look decent then there’s no reason Timi shouldn’t.

I haven’t got a clue basically.

Insightful as ever, Mr Cone ??

41 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Frankly we’re so short in centre mid he could be worth a go

Not that short on numbers which is why we need more outs.

Huddlestone Evans Ledley Bryson Johnson Mount Butterfield Bird Elsnik as well as Wilson & Holmes

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not that short on numbers which is why we need more outs.

Huddlestone Evans Ledley Bryson Johnson Mount Butterfield Bird Elsnik as well as Wilson & Holmes

How many are availed centre mids and not cdms tho? I’d argue only Bryson, Holmes and Mount, we have a lot of cdms but not many natural centre mids.

Archived