Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ViewsFromTheMiddle

Timi Elsnik - joined Mansfield season-long loan (Terminated)

Recommended Posts

Good move for him. You wouldn't expect a player like him to come into their own until their mid twenties, really.

You get the odd prodigy - we let one go in Hughes and we have an even better one in Mason Mount right now.

Hopefully he can get a full season under his belt and rip the league up, then come back and properly compete for a place in the team next year. Prem or Champ.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Rampage said:

Anya and Butterfield must be feeling unwanted. However the wages are good. 😎

Staggering how much money they’ve had out of this club, not their fault but awful, awful deals from the club.

Listening to talksport last few days there’s been quite a bit of talk about how deals are constructed. Anya and Butterfield would more than likely got a new pay rise each year of their contracts so the deal has gotten worse and worse over time. I’m not surprised anybody was willing to take them on.

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Staggering how much money they’ve had out of this club, not their fault but awful, awful deals from the club.

Listening to talksport last few days there’s been quite a bit of talk about how deals are constructed. Anya and Butterfield would more than likely got a new pay rise each year of their contracts so the deal has gotten worse and worse over time. I’m not surprised anybody was willing to take them on.

Probably too expensive to termnate their contracts either. If I was either of them, I would not move.

Share this post


Link to post

"Mansfield have activated a clause within the agreement to terminate the loan spell during the January transfer window.

Elsnik made 24 appearances for Mansfield in total and scored on four occasions."

Very odd.

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe not that odd.

Quote

Manager David Flitcroft said: “By bringing in two quality signings in Jorge Grant and Nicky Ajose, we have to ensure we are balancing the numbers from a business point of view and as a consequence of that, Timi has had to return to Derby.

“I’ve worked with Timi previously [at Swindon] and he’s a player who I absolutely love working with. He absolutely committed himself to Mansfield Town and to everything I asked of him. 

“He was well liked by the players and staff and I have nothing but respect for him over the two loans which I’ve had him for.

“I wish him every success for the future and he deserves all the success that comes his way.”

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2019/january/midfielder-returns-to-derby/

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah - posted on the loan update thread without realizing his return would be here. I've noted for ages on the Mansfield forum they've had an issue with too many loans and have been discussing who needs to go with new players coming in. No one wanted to lose Timi, but it seems the way. I'm pleased he's now got another chance to impress Frank.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yeah - posted on the loan update thread without realizing his return would be here. I've noted for ages on the Mansfield forum they've had an issue with too many loans and have been discussing who needs to go with new players coming in. No one wanted to lose Timi, but it seems the way. I'm pleased he's now got another chance to impress Frank.

Can he go out on loan again? That is what will happen I would think if he can......

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can he go out on loan again? That is what will happen I would think if he can......

Yes he's only played for Mansfield this season so is eligible to go to another club. I'd rather it was League One if that happened. Perhaps Luke Thomas can put a word in at Coventry.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yes he's only played for Mansfield this season so is eligible to go to another club. I'd rather it was League One if that happened. Perhaps Luke Thomas can put a word in at Coventry.

I agree & I know I'm only going on watching him for 30 mins on Saturday but I feel League 1 would be a better fit for his development...assuming he wouldn't get on the field for us.

Share this post


Link to post

Mate of mine is a big stags fan, and rates Elsnik highly and is a bit disappointed he’s come back to us. As do most stags fans judging by their comments on him on social media. But as is rightly being said in here, they have an issue with too many loans, so had to sacrifice one, and they decided Elsnik was the one they could cope without.

not that he was sent back for not being good enough for Mansfield, like people are saying on other platforms, obviously without knowing anything of how his loan spell actually went 

Share this post


Link to post

Could well be down to costs, or something to do with Mansfield wanting to bring in a different selection of loan players. You can only have five, I think? Can't really think why else they would do this seeing as the manager seems to rate him and he actually played quite well down there. 

Would love to see him get a crack at our midfield three. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.