Alex Babos - season long loan to Real Union (Recalled)

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting move this. Hope this means we’re starting to build a proper link with real union where we can regularly send some of our top youngsters to get game time, maybe even 3/4 at a time so they’re playing together in a proper league, and one where we can keep a close eye on them. Think it would be of real benefit to our youth devolpment to have something like that in place, Chelsea have done it with vitesse, and we can also get first dibs on any young players they have coming through.

In terms of this move though, it does seem as if we’re letting quite a lot of young players go out from the 23s, the article also talks about Yates extending his loan, we don’t wanna end up with no players to keep us in the division! Good luck to babos, a full season abroad will be a proper experience for him.

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Babos u23 game time blocked by Thorne, Butterfield & Anya ?

Sibley and Bird are the ones that we really need to get in that side. There’s an argument for two of the above (preferably the last two) and at least one of Guy and Elsnick going out on loan to free up space so they can get competitive minutes.

It's the right time for Babos to get some first team experience, I think he will do well.

Thorne should be in the first team and with lots of u23 games there will be plenty of opportunity for the likes of Bird, Sibley, Guy, Elsnick and Butterfield to play. I would love to see any of those young players given some minutes in the first team this season.

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

What league/position on the ladder is this? 

I suppose you could say it equates to u23.  There are 4 regional leagues all at effective 3rd tier.  1st and 2nd tier teams play their reserves there, Barcelona B is there for example.  Tudela is probably the closest that @zaragozaram will get if he's interested

sounds about the right level

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

I suppose you could say it equates to u23.  There are 4 regional leagues all at effective 3rd tier.  1st and 2nd tier teams play their reserves there, Barcelona B is there for example.  Tudela is probably the closest that @zaragozaram will get if he's interested

sounds about the right level

Afraid my user name is now a misnomer as I left Zaragoza to move to Malaga. He, and Union, are not coming any where near me unless they get promoted into Segunda A.

Still a supporter of the mighty Real Zaragoza though.

2 hours ago, zaragozaram said:

Afraid my user name is now a misnomer as I left Zaragoza to move to Malaga. He, and Union, are not coming any where near me unless they get promoted into Segunda A.

Yep I’ve got linense on my doorstep and got a bit excited until I realised.  Meeting some mates in Malaga city tomorrow

12 hours ago, jono said:

Hope he does well. I like this link with Real, little bit of football folklore and wonderful to build on it

Totally agree Jono.

Its a lovely story about Steve Bloomer and now that the club have forged a relationship with Real Union I'm kind of happy that a Rams academy lad will be playing for them.

Don't know why but it just feels nice.

19 hours ago, zaragozaram said:

You can ask @David to change your username if there’s something available.

Once every 6 months I think the rule is.

He won’t mind, twiddles his thumbs most of the day.

Watch him deny it.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Watch him deny it.

Thanks but I like the username Zaragozaram. It is fairly unique and I am still a big fan of Los Maños.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Watch him deny it.

Members have been able to change their username in the account settings for over a year now.

Someone hasn’t read the staff handbook.

Archived