Alex Babos - season long loan to Real Union (Recalled)

Animal is a Ram

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calling our youth teams experts - @angieram, @Carl Sagan. @RoyMac5 (sorry, can't think of any more of you though I know you're out there!)- what's the skinny on this. I've only seen the lad play once or twice. Think a win against Chelsea U23's might have been one of them. Wasn't he the skipper at one point or did I imagine it? Looked tidy enough but how good is he? Be good to know whether he's been sent back or has been recalled as he is thought good enough to provide first team cover. 

I'm absolutely not a youth team expert. But I try to see what's what and it's great we can sometimes watch games. 

Pretty sure the recall is that he's not had enough game time. Thought it was a bold move on his part being prepared to go and play in Spain, but doesn't seem to gave worked out. 

A promising forward-thinking midfielder, who has indeed skippered the youngsters, but I always figured he was behind Elsnik and Vernam in the pecking order. He's a tidy player but I'm not sure he has enough exceptional about him.

So I don't think he's been brought back for the first team. He would strengthen the U23s after their recent 1-5 without any of the unwanted senior pros. Or maybe there's a league 2 loan on offer? He has made the Welsh youth squads. 

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm absolutely not a youth team expert...He's a tidy player but I'm not sure he has enough exceptional about him.

So I don't think he's been brought back for the first team. He would strengthen the U23s after their recent 1-5 without any of the unwanted senior pros. Or maybe there's a league 2 loan on offer? He has made the Welsh youth squads. 

Me either, but I agree with that. He's a bit small too - so should fit in the 1st team no probs! ? 

Not really been paying attention to the non-NFL elements of this forum for a while, but I agree with the posts above that I seriously doubt there is any consideration of him being involved in the first team.

Possible he simply stays with the U23s for the end of the season. Not sure if its the best idea to send a lad who's been unsuccessful in a different country for half a year out somewhere else. Settle him down a bit.

Archived