Chris Martin - Signed for Hull City on a season long loan

Animal is a Ram

Just now, David said:

Is it? Thought it was something that clubs put into the contracts, probably jumped to conclusions thinking that this will be a loan with a compulsory buy in January/May so wouldn't be applied.

I think it used to be, but now I'm sure it's a law when loaning a player. I think it still happens abroad in some leagues though. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eddie said:

Gets rid of the politics posts, finds somewhere else to post nonsense.

Which part is nonsense? Jerome and Martin were not going to get game time at the club, so clearly it's in the players and clubs best interests they were moved on.

1 minute ago, David said:

Which part is nonsense? Jerome and Martin were not going to get game time at the club, so clearly it's in the players and clubs best interests they were moved on.

No loaned player is allowed to play against his parent club. That nonsense.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Isn’t it a contractual agreement though. 

Can a loan player turn out against his parent club?

A player is not allowed to play against his parent club without the prior consent of the parent club – and that must be indicated on the appropriate transfer form.

EFL rules  

10 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's not nonsense.

During the period of any Temporary Loan Transfer, a Player shall not play against his Transferor Club without the prior written permission of the Transferor Club (which, if given, must be indicated on the appropriate Temporary Loan Transfer form).

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

If this is a loan with a compulsory purchase in January/May, Derby could give Hull permission for him to play against us which would be a reasonable request as they would be buying him.

2 minutes ago, David said:

It's not nonsense.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

If this is a loan with a compulsory purchase in January/May, Derby could give Hull permission for him to play against us which would be a reasonable request as would be buying him.

I agree it's reasonable but I can't think of the last time this happened? Does it ever happen? 

Might be a minor thing to worry about if they can't get him registered in time for tomorrows game too. 

24 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Or we can just talk about how much better we are without the players who failed so many years in a row.

Martin didn’t fail us though, he was unavailable due to injury or being loaned out 

23 minutes ago, David said:

Glad he's been able to find himself a club, same with Jerome, good moves for both players and the club.

Guaranteed to score on Saturday if he plays though, you know how this all works. 

Good club for him to play at and it shouldn’t hurt as much when he scores but he shouldn’t be allowed to play against us if we still own him

Ah just when i thought we’d be on the edge of keeping him he’s been taken away once again!

Decent move though, I rate Adkins as a decent manager it’s just where Hull are currently at which might be the bigger question.

Ive made clear my views on Martin many times before, will probably wait until it’s confirmed before going too much into it but as long as our current strikers keep scoring then you can have no complaints (maaaaaaybe keeping hold of Nugent instead, who we know the inconsistencies of...maybe...but there’s two sides to that).

Anyway, onwards.

8 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I agree it's reasonable but I can't think of the last time this happened? Does it ever happen? 

Might be a minor thing to worry about if they can't get him registered in time for tomorrows game too. 

Many times in the Champions League although that's because UEFA have their own set of rules. Not sure if it's happened in the Championship before, but with the changes in the transfer window we're entering new ground with more loans that will go through with compulsory purchases, wouldn't surprise me if clubs start asking for these to be waved.

When Martin went to Fulham on loan it was with a view to a permanent where either side could pull out. 

Wasn't Adkins in charge of Southampton when they played the best football in this league with Lambert up front - hopefully can get Martin fit and scoring goals.

Adkins had said he wants 4 players in today, Martin & Elphick appear to be 2 of them - do they want Butterfield & Anya as well?

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Wasn't Adkins in charge of Southampton when they played the best football in this league with Lambert up front - hopefully can get Martin fit and scoring goals.

Adkins had said he wants 4 players in today, Martin & Elphick appear to be 2 of them - do they want Butterfield & Anya as well?

I believe so, like I say I feel Adkins is somewhat underrated and think it might be a good move all round, better than the QPR link anyway. There was some internet talk linking Butterfield with Hull earlier in the summer. Again I think it would make sense

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I was thinking the same with Butterfield as Hull maybe one of the few clubs left who may want him and it’s in Yorkshire for him! And as for Anya well he normally is the one found the day after the window shuts in the laundry basket 

37 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

A sort of BOGTF sale.

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

The facts of his declining seasons speak for themselves.

But lets not get facts in the way. ?

I can't be arsed tbh mate, people have been over this with you a million times. I gave up when you had this stance over him scoring 4 less goals for Fulham than he did for us the season previous, despite him starting about 20 less games. 

Some people look at the bigger picture, you don't. People know that now, enjoy. 

Archived