Chris Martin - Signed for Hull City on a season long loan

Animal is a Ram

Really hope this goes well for Chrissy. I think Adkins will get the best out of him and I’m sure he will show he is still a class player in this division. 

Its good for both parties if he does well, he gets his career back on track we get good money for him next summer. 

Or we’re still in this league and a once again proven championship centre forward’s story at derby might just have one final chapter.......

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

But I’m talking beyond statistics, in his general play. I don’t expect anyone to agree with me, but for me he was significantly poorer as an individual in 15/16 than he was before his 2015 injury under Mac. FWIW i agree the system was at fault to why he didn’t hit twenty absolutely, but I still feel he didn’t look the same player beyond that.

The first half if the season he was one of the top scorers in the league. He got 13 by the halfway point of the season if memory serves. He was well on his way to getting his third 20+ goal season in a row, then the usual new year calamity happened. His all round play looked fine to me tbh, the whole team just seemed to turn into a table football team which won't benefit him.

10 hours ago, toddy said:

You have a declining player going to a declining club.

So its good for both of them.

If he can start scoring goals again and put a few in against our rivals that would be a bonus.

Declining is putting it nicely. He completed the decline ages ago and is way back at base camp lol

It's his third loan: 1. Fulham ; 2. Reading & 3. Hull.

He's still got another year on his contract after this present season, so if he doesn't get a permanent transfer in January or next summer, we'll go through this discussion again next August.

Archived