England Squad for September games

Andicis

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I can judge on the world cup too, where I also thought he was pretty poor. I've not really been impressed with Rashford since he break through season, since then he's been extremely wasteful, and not scored very many goals.

Barely played in that as well, 15 minutes of the bench v Tunisia, full 90 in the B team v Belgium, 15 off the bench v Croatia and half a game in the wooden spoon play off.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

Barely played in that as well, 15 minutes of the bench v Tunisia, full 90 in the B team v Belgium, 15 off the bench v Croatia and half a game in the wooden spoon play off.

6 premier league goals in the season indicates he probably isn't good enough to start for England though. Kane probably scored more Premier League goals last year than Rashford will ever score, people moan about Sterling, but Sterling had a great year in the Premier League and earned his starting place. I even thought Rashford was poor against Derby in the cup game.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

6 premier league goals in the season indicates he probably isn't good enough to start for England though. Kane probably scored more Premier League goals last year than Rashford will ever score, people moan about Sterling, but Sterling had a great year in the Premier League and earned his starting place. I even thought Rashford was poor against Derby in the cup game.

Think you’re being incredibly harsh, under Mourinho he’s not likely to get the game time to equal Kane until he ages another 5 years. 

He started 17 games in the Premier League last season and scored 7 goals. 1810 minutes in game time which is pretty much 20 games.

7 goals is not a bad return.

Also scored 3 in the Champions League, 3 starts, 345 minutes.

Just now, David said:

Think you’re being incredibly harsh, under Mourinho he’s not likely to get the game time to equal Kane until he ages another 5 years. 

He started 17 games in the Premier League last season and scored 7 goals. 1810 minutes in game time which is pretty much 20 games.

7 goals is not a bad return.

Also scored 3 in the Champions League, 3 starts, 345 minutes.

Statistically it doesn't look bad, I'll grant you. I just find him as a player extremely frustrating, he's quick and strong, but he invariably picks the wrong option and runs down a dead end. I find his overall play lacking, because whilst he scores goals, he misses a lot of chances and doesn't contribute much else. That being said, it's probably my bias of always preferring a target man like centre forward over one that plays on the shoulder.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Hughesy was great against Spurs on Sunday, as he has been all season! Definitely deserves his chance.

I'm a huge fan of Will Hughes and think we made a huge error selling him but on Sunday he wasn't great - other than being fouled for Watfords' equaliser he was average at best.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'm a huge fan of Will Hughes and think we made a huge error selling him but on Sunday he wasn't great - other than being fouled for Watfords' equaliser he was average at best.

I thought he was excellent in the second half, he put in plenty of tackles, I don't think I saw him lose the ball. Considering Watford had very little possession, and he was up against Dele Alli, who he mainly kept in check, I thought he had a good performance. Didn't do too much going forward, but I wouldn't expect any side to be doing much of that against the top 6.

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I've obviously missed summat somewhere... wtf is the UEFA nations league when it's at 'ome?

Replacement for a lot of the meaningless friendlies. It also gives countries a second route into qualifying for the European Championships (not sure about World Cups). Teams are grouped more or less according to rankings, with promotion and relegation.

Archived