What's fun in London?

Parsnip

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Watching Forest get beat at Brentford, I suspect, would have been quite a fun thing to do in London.???

Little Angry and myself got ejected from Brentford some years ago when they played Forest.. The stewards did not like the Derby flag but funny enough there was some good banter with the Forest who saw the funny side.

2 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Members have about covered it for me... 

I love Spitalfields market and also in that area ( north side of the market on Hanbury Street) is an amazing Fish and Chip shop called Poppies. 

Taking the good lady wife to London later this month and stopping at a very nice hotel just by Spitalfields market.

Can't wait

2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Taking the good lady wife to London later this month and stopping at a very nice hotel just by Spitalfields market.

Can't wait

Decent shops, great area for foodies. Brick Lane is awash with curry houses. Couple of decent boozers. The legendary Ten Bells sits opposite Spitalfields market. Enjoy mate. Its miles better than Oxford Street and West End in my book.

23 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Decent shops, great area for foodies. Brick Lane is awash with curry houses. Couple of decent boozers. The legendary Ten Bells sits opposite Spitalfields market. Enjoy mate. Its miles better than Oxford Street and West End in my book.

Yes, I have done the west end, oxford street etc. I fancied a change.

I have booked 2 nights in Batty Langley's hotel. Listed as one of the top 6 hotels in London.

The name sounds nuts but google it, looks stunning. (Special treat for a special lady on her birthday)

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I have booked 2 nights in Batty Langley's hotel. Listed as one of the top 6 hotels in London.

The name sounds nuts but google it, looks stunning. (Special treat for a special lady on her birthday)

I can also recommend axe throwing: https://whistlepunks.com/

And crazy golf: https://www.junkyardgolfclub.co.uk/london/

Bars-wise, this is one of my faves: https://www.timeout.com/london/bars-and-pubs/satans-whiskers

7 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Head down to Needos or Tayabs near Whitechapel for incredible grilled Indian meats and food. Byo at Needos too and the slow cooked lamb dish is amazing.

7 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Head down to Needos or Tayabs near Whitechapel for incredible grilled Indian meats and food. Byo at Needos too and the slow cooked lamb dish is amazing.

Cheers.

I am looking for something different on Friday night. I will check them out.

On 04/09/2018 at 15:49, BathRam72 said:

Batty's is cool. Good choice - she'll love it. Next door to the weird Dennis Severs House and opposite the Water Poet pub which is like a tardis. Round the corner is Galvin La Chapelle which is a gorgeous, very reasonably priced (for London) Michelin starred restaurant. You can tell it's good by Giles Coren having his wedding reception there. Treat yourself and the missus. 

Main markets are Sunday (as it's historically a Jewish area) but nowadays there are things going on every day. Thursday is antiques. In case you didn't guess, I've lived in Spitalfields for 20 years! Have a great time and any specifics, ask away...

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Batty's is cool. Good choice - she'll love it. Next door to the weird Dennis Severs House and opposite the Water Poet pub which is like a tardis. Round the corner is Galvin La Chapelle which is a gorgeous, very reasonably priced (for London) Michelin starred restaurant. You can tell it's good by Giles Coren having his wedding reception there. Treat yourself and the missus. 

Main markets are Sunday (as it's historically a Jewish area) but nowadays there are things going on every day. Thursday is antiques. In case you didn't guess, I've lived in Spitalfields for 20 years! Have a great time and any specifics, ask away...

Going to write these down for the next time we are over there. When we moved over there in 2014 we decided to live in Little Venice as everyone we spoke to said steer clear of East London, but we really enjoyed going to the markets there just about every weekend. More our style than West London.

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

@Carl Sagan Thanks for the insight. 

I am certainly looking forward to it myself (yes it is a birthday treat, along with the secret holiday I have booked) but I also get to enjoy the break as well.

We arrive next Friday afternoon, if I think of any thing I know where to come.

Cheers again.

Archived