What's fun in London?

Parsnip

There's a few London based Rams in here I've seen ya! I'm taking the kids to London for a few days tomorrow - see the sights, go to Hamleys... is there anything there that we shouldn't miss? What's good and what's not??

Thanks for any help ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Stringfellows.?

Seriously though hamleys is good, m  and m store on picadilly.

The sky garden is good and free but you have to book tickets and they might be gone now but you might be lucky with a midweek slot.

Ice cream parlour in harrods,not cheap but huge ice creams so can be shared.

Covent Garden is good fun with the street performers, the kids would enjoy im sure.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

There's a few London based Rams in here I've seen ya! I'm taking the kids to London for a few days tomorrow - see the sights, go to Hamleys... is there anything there that we shouldn't miss? What's good and what's not??

Thanks for any help ?

On a traffic note, and note I’ve only ever done this on a Saturday morning, but to set off at like 5am (if you live in Derby) it’s surprising how easy getting in and around London is before rush hour kicks in. Then once you are parked...you’re parked! Might not be ideal for your situation but worth it if you can do it.

The new Spurs ground is great, and if your kids are young enough they're looking for small people to crawl through tiny gaps and redo the cabling that's failed.

A great day out, and a nice little earner to boot.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

For kids under 5, whatever you do, you'll likely find that their highlight of the day would be riding a tube train! 

dlr is more fun as you can sit them at the front and pretend that they are driving the driverless trains.

1 hour ago, bigbadbob said:

Science and natural history museum are good, and they're free

Definitely the best suggestion, science museum is amazing and less busy. Loads of hands on things kids can do.

Walking down the south bank or covent garden is good for kids to watch street entertainers.

My lad always liked to spend an hour or so nosing around chinatown. Sadly the last time we went up, his favourite tat shop seemed to have closed down. 

as other have said, the museums in Kensington are unique and awesome, but a bit out of the way. Also there is the British Museum near Russell Square.

For interesting, unusual but good value places to eat you can go to the hospital cafes.....St Thomas' (near waterloo) is very good.

Other misc fun things.... Borough Market, the Eye, whispering gallery in St Pauls Cathedral, up the shard, the lego shop (not far from m&m world) on leicester square.

truly one of the worlds great cities......

Archived