AFL

WestCoastRam

It's been an interesting season with some surprising teams heading into the finals. Hoping my team can go all the way and defy so called experts. Predicting a West Coast v Richmond Grand Final in a few weeks time. 

Any Rams in Oz with on this forum, or does anyone else follow the sport in the UK? I was delighted to see Sky broadcasting games during my trip back home earlier this year. 

Carn Eagles!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predicted a Richmond-Hawthorn Grand Final pre-season and I see no reason to change it. No offence but I cannot see West Coast winning a Grand Final against an MCG home tenant; in fact, I have a sneaky suspicion that your boys will struggle to win both of your finals.

It’s still hard to see you losing in Perth (unless Clarkson pulls a real swifty and comes up with a way to knock off Richmond so your Preliminary Final is against a p15sed off Richmond) although Collingwood will push you.

But, as I have been telling anyone who’ll listen all season, Richmond have barely got out of second gear all season and theykeep reminding me of Essendon of 2000. They’ve been waiting for the finals for half of the season and I foresee a 2000esque destruction of worthy opponents. (We beat norf by 133 points in our first final in 2000.)

I'm pretty confident we can knock off the Pies now that JD and JK are back. After that I'm not too sure. Both Melbourne and Geelong are as good as us when at their best. Unfortunately I'll miss the game on Saturday as it clashes with my engagement party! Shame because finals footy has the the closest atmosphere to a big game at pride park...60000 at Perth stadium will be rocking.

Hard to see Richmond not winning the flag this year in fairness, but we can dream. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived