Sign in to follow this  
WestCoastRam

AFL

It's been an interesting season with some surprising teams heading into the finals. Hoping my team can go all the way and defy so called experts. Predicting a West Coast v Richmond Grand Final in a few weeks time. 

Any Rams in Oz with on this forum, or does anyone else follow the sport in the UK? I was delighted to see Sky broadcasting games during my trip back home earlier this year. 

Carn Eagles!

I predicted a Richmond-Hawthorn Grand Final pre-season and I see no reason to change it. No offence but I cannot see West Coast winning a Grand Final against an MCG home tenant; in fact, I have a sneaky suspicion that your boys will struggle to win both of your finals.

It’s still hard to see you losing in Perth (unless Clarkson pulls a real swifty and comes up with a way to knock off Richmond so your Preliminary Final is against a p15sed off Richmond) although Collingwood will push you.

But, as I have been telling anyone who’ll listen all season, Richmond have barely got out of second gear all season and theykeep reminding me of Essendon of 2000. They’ve been waiting for the finals for half of the season and I foresee a 2000esque destruction of worthy opponents. (We beat norf by 133 points in our first final in 2000.)

I think the Eagles will blitz Collingwood next week. They were so poor against Freo and if the Eagles get on a roll early they'll blow them away.

Plus with Kennedy coming back in that will be a real boost.

Are you going to the game next week @WestCoastRam ?

I'm pretty confident we can knock off the Pies now that JD and JK are back. After that I'm not too sure. Both Melbourne and Geelong are as good as us when at their best. Unfortunately I'll miss the game on Saturday as it clashes with my engagement party! Shame because finals footy has the the closest atmosphere to a big game at pride park...60000 at Perth stadium will be rocking.

Hard to see Richmond not winning the flag this year in fairness, but we can dream. 

Was a West Coast fan as I was there for many years. I'm a Gold Coast fan now that I'm living here.

It's not like football where you can't change teams. Plus, I bloody love the Gold Coast, me.

On 04/09/2018 at 21:13, bx3 said:

Was a West Coast fan as I was there for many years. I'm a Gold Coast fan now that I'm living here.

It's not like football where you can't change teams. Plus, I bloody love the Gold Coast, me.

Errr...Yes it effingwell is!

Grand Final here we come!!

First visit to the MCG. 

Melbourne showed themselves to be criminaly overated on Saturday. Surprised to be facing the Pies...good on them, but we've already beaten them twice this year so there's plenty of optimism over west.

Thank .... Weagles won, going to Melbourne Monday and the the thought of those toothless pies supporters still wondering around town was filling me with dread. And I can break out the black and white kit!