Max Lowe - joined Aberdeen on loan, now back at PP but back to Aberdeen

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Spot on

If young Max who is a decent prospect but we are not quite sure he’s ready for regular first team football, can attract a decent fee, like Thomas reputedly, then it’s good for all.

Losing kids for nothing says they appear neither good enough nor have they created any value to academy investment. Getting good fees to pay for others and the academy by way of bringing new kids through is a great model.

As for the fee for Hanson, pretty sure it was close to that paid for Holmes.

Yeah I remember Mel saying (paraphrasing) that the deal for Hanson was brilliant for the club and he looked very smug lol bearing in mind that I think every Derby fan had recognised Hanson as a bit overrated for many years he probably wasn't wrong 

12 minutes ago, Jram said:

Yeah I remember Mel saying (paraphrasing) that the deal for Hanson was brilliant for the club and he looked very smug lol bearing in mind that I think every Derby fan had recognised Hanson as a bit overrated for many years he probably wasn't wrong 

It was a very good deal at the time for a lad who wasn’t going to play regular due to any number of midfielders ahead of him, well before the loans came in.

I’m not privy to the structure of the deal but my son heard from somebody close to Hanson who would have no reason to big it up, as he’s not remotely interested in football.

If we keep getting those sort of deals for fringe academy prospects that we are either unsure or don’t appear to have Hughes, Hendrick or Bogle potential, it’s payback for all Mel’s academy investment and starts making it self funding.

Back to Lowe, maybe he fits this category and can pay of this years academy investment. Sell one or two for such fees, you get a self sustaining model and we move the odd 1 or two real gems to become a regular first teamer.

10 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

It was a very good deal at the time for a lad who wasn’t going to play regular due to any number of midfielders ahead of him, well before the loans came in.

I’m not privy to the structure of the deal but my son heard from somebody close to Hanson who would have no reason to big it up, as he’s not remotely interested in football.

If we keep getting those sort of deals for fringe academy prospects that we are either unsure or don’t appear to have Hughes, Hendrick or Bogle potential, it’s payback for all Mel’s academy investment and starts making it self funding.

Back to Lowe, maybe he fits this category and can pay of this years academy investment. Sell one or two for such fees, you get a self sustaining model and we move the odd 1 or two real gems to become a regular first teamer.

Yeah I think there's a number of kids who, if we're rational, fit into both of those camps (based on the albeit limited viewpoint we as fans have).

Id say the likes of Cresswell, babos, Mcdonald, Shonibare, Gordon, hunt are probably in the "might sell for a few hundred grand in a year or two" camp

Then the likes of Mitchell lawson, bird, sibley might well become real assets soon 

Of course its hard to know and there's loads of lads I've not mentioned in the 23s and 18s who might well prove me silly and a few lads it's perhaps too soon to know which camp they're in ie Wilson, Whittaker, Buchanan 

Archived