Max Lowe - joined Aberdeen on loan, now back at PP but back to Aberdeen

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Only a few weeks ago I genuinely thought he was going to be the next big player to emerge from the youth set-up.

Forsyth has been back to his very best - And Malone is a class player at this level - Lowe would have to be exceptional to force his way in ahead of them

4 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Would seem strange to play Lowe last night if this were true?  Not sure what to think on this one.

Could easily have happened after last nights game, maybe they had someone their watching him.

With only 3 days left of the loan window loan deals will happen out of nowhere.

I still think the club know who their 1 new face already is and just waiting on a few outs.

I see him as a very good left-sided midfield prospect and not as a left-back because he isn't a natural defender. Sometimes players get shoe-horned to play in positions they are not suited to. it's a waste!

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Could easily have happened after last nights game, maybe they had someone their watching him.

With only 3 days left of the loan window loan deals will happen out of nowhere.

I still think the club know who their 1 new face already is and just waiting on a few outs.

If they wanted to see him in action why not play him for the full 90 in the U23s rather than a 20min cameo where he risks injury for little gain?

I agree that his game time looks limited suddenly but that all changes if Malone or Forsyth pick up a knock, and I think it may have psychological benefits, keeping him close and in and around the matchday 18.

On the other hand, playing regularly at a half decent standard will likely accelerate his learning and game craft.

I'm still undecided.  In Frank we trust.

53 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Only a few weeks ago I genuinely thought he was going to be the next big player to emerge from the youth set-up.

I think he still will be. It’s not like introducing Hughes or Bennett in attacking positions where there is very little risk. Mistakes in defence will lead to goals as we saw against Leeds. 

8 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Thing is though, that he is only being touted by Aberdeen as ‘back up’. If he goes we need real guarantees of game time.....otherwise the move is pointless.

Thing is though, it doesn’t mention anywhere in the article that he is going as back-up, and the comments made are by a click-bait journalist and not Aberdeen (or Derby). Otherwise you have a very sound base to view this as a potentially pointless move.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

No mate, he's going to Aberdeen in the SPL, not Atherstone Town of the Midland Counties division 1. 

I can see why you would get them mixed up though. 

Come back to me when Atherstone Town have faced a striking prodigy such as Conor Sammon, mate. Max Lowe will face challenge after challenge, there's nothing harder than trying to read where an attacker is going to put the ball when the attacker doesn't even know himself. 

3 hours ago, KCG said:

I see him as a very good left-sided midfield prospect and not as a left-back because he isn't a natural defender. Sometimes players get shoe-horned to play in positions they are not suited to. it's a waste!

Absolutely. Hopefully they will recognise his attacking potential and play him on the wing up there.

He has a great first touch, beats his man well, has bags of pace and can put in a wicked cross.

From what I have seen, his marking and positional sense isn't great, and he's weak in the tackle.

We have a resurgent Forsyth and Malone here battling out for that spot, with Olsson still to get fit and the possibility of Tomori covering there if there is a real crisis. 

First team football would do him good.

I'll be honest, I haven't seen much at all wrong with Max Lowe in the few games he's played for us. I don't buy that he's a poor defender. I don't think his positioning or marking is at all bad. When he played against Wolves, he was first to absolutely everything. In fact, it was one of the most impressive individual performances I'd seen in a long, long time. 

After being our best player in pre-season, he rightly started the season and he was impacted in being in a couple of nervy performances as was the rest of the team. I don't think he was anywhere near close to being one of the worst offenders, though. 

I would say he's not that great in the air, although you should really make allowances for that. An example being Davies picking up Reading's striker for their goal - not Lowe. Again, it just comes down to a bit of disconnect in a new system and a new feel defence. 

Forsyth has earned the right to play, at the right time. I would guess it would have been him going otherwise, not Lowe. Lowe is just very unlucky & should do really well in the pub league. 

Archived