Max Lowe - joined Aberdeen on loan, now back at PP but back to Aberdeen

DcFc Dyycheee

4 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

I would like Cole to stay as a coach and get hold of Bogle and Lowe. He could turn them into very good quality full backs. Let’s face it Cole in his day was certainly the best left back in the world.

Yeah no doubt, we wouldn’t be doing too bad if we had Cole as a defensive coach when we already have Given for goalkeepers!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max Lowe has done exceptionally well to win players' player of the season award. It would be great to capitalise on this in one form or another, i.e. a decent fee in a transfer or put him in the first team. 

The last thing we need to do is loan the lad out again, certainly to the same division! 

6 hours ago, Dale The Ram said:

Bogle had a preseason and a few shaky games at the start of the season and look at him now.

Fully believe Max can do the same, hopefully Cole is still here (playing or coaching) to help him develop

I think if Bogle's mistakes in a game can be forgiven, why can't Lowe's. None of the coaching staff can use that as an argument against playing him. I hope to see him at left back for us next season. 

3 hours ago, Uptherams said:

I think if Bogle's mistakes in a game can be forgiven, why can't Lowe's. None of the coaching staff can use that as an argument against playing him. I hope to see him at left back for us next season. 

He suffers from the same problem as Bennett did. He’s been close to breaking into the first team for a while but due to the number of players ahead of him, and suffering from injuries, he hasn’t made as many appearances as he would have liked. 

We let him down a bit by not playing him or sending him out on loan much earlier. 22 now, and his career has consisted of a run of 10 games for us a couple years back, a bit part role of Shrewsbury for half a season, and now he’s player of the year at Aberdeen. 

I remember seeing Chillwell at youth level and thinking Lowe is so much better... one didn’t get enough first team experience, whereas the other has now had a lot of experience in the Prem and is breaking into the England team

3 hours ago, Uptherams said:

He has been quoted in the DET saying he wants to find a way to stay at Aberdeen to me thats a kid looking fr the easy way

11 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

He has been quoted in the DET saying he wants to find a way to stay at Aberdeen to me thats a kid looking fr the easy way

What they actually quote in that article though was Aberdeen's manager saying they're looking for a way to keep him there, not Max himself saying anything. I get the feeling that he likes Aberdeen and would probably be happy to play there if he can't make it here, but I haven't got the feeling that he's aching to get away from Derby or anything.

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He suffers from the same problem as Bennett did. He’s been close to breaking into the first team for a while but due to the number of players ahead of him, and suffering from injuries, he hasn’t made as many appearances as he would have liked. 

We let him down a bit by not playing him or sending him out on loan much earlier. 22 now, and his career has consisted of a run of 10 games for us a couple years back, a bit part role of Shrewsbury for half a season, and now he’s player of the year at Aberdeen. 

I remember seeing Chillwell at youth level and thinking Lowe is so much better... one didn’t get enough first team experience, whereas the other has now had a lot of experience in the Prem and is breaking into the England team

And to be fair, Lowe has always had the silky skills but has been slow to develop the physical side of his game - something that is much needed at Championship level in a full back. After a season of being knocked about in the Scottish league, I'm sure this will have improved immensely.

Maybe Frank thought he couldn't afford to have two very inexperienced fullbacks breaking through at the same time and just chose Bogle. Next year, I'd like to see Lowe back and first choice for the shirt (if my beloved Fozzy isn't fit!)

11 hours ago, JfR said:

What they actually quote in that article though was Aberdeen's manager saying they're looking for a way to keep him there, not Max himself saying anything. I get the feeling that he likes Aberdeen and would probably be happy to play there if he can't make it here, but I haven't got the feeling that he's aching to get away from Derby or anything.

He's had a season of being an important and valued first team player in a well managed, unified and moderately successful team and he's loved it. You can't knock him for that, you can't knock Aberdeen for wanting to keep him if they can. I actually really respected him for wanting to be a part of Aberdeen's team rather than be recalled and sit around as cover - I think he really needed this season to go well and it has.

If he joins Aberdeen because he really wants to, I'm fine with that. If he comes back a more seasoned player to try to make it here, even better. If he's just loaned out to rangers or some low end championship side, I'll be a bit disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Lowe to Rangers. According to some Twitter gossip. 

Any mention on the price? At least we're cashing in on this generation (if this is true) 

Last year it was quite frustrating to see Vernam, Rawson, Guy and Zanzala leaving in frees when they were hyped previously.. Mind you, I think we got a decent fee for Hanson? 

19 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Lowe to Rangers. According to some Twitter gossip. 

Would be a little bit surprised if we did sell him. With us releasing Cole and Olsson, that would leave us with only Forsyth and Malone in that position, and with Forsyth's injury record that could easily change to just Malone. If it did happen, maybe we rate Macdonald more than him and think he can make the step up, perhaps?

14 minutes ago, JfR said:

Would be a little bit surprised if we did sell him. With us releasing Cole and Olsson, that would leave us with only Forsyth and Malone in that position, and with Forsyth's injury record that could easily change to just Malone. If it did happen, maybe we rate Macdonald more than him and think he can make the step up, perhaps?

Shinnie  can also play left back

1 hour ago, Jram said:

Any mention on the price? At least we're cashing in on this generation (if this is true) 

Last year it was quite frustrating to see Vernam, Rawson, Guy and Zanzala leaving in frees when they were hyped previously.. Mind you, I think we got a decent fee for Hanson? 

Spot on

If young Max who is a decent prospect but we are not quite sure he’s ready for regular first team football, can attract a decent fee, like Thomas reputedly, then it’s good for all.

Losing kids for nothing says they appear neither good enough nor have they created any value to academy investment. Getting good fees to pay for others and the academy by way of bringing new kids through is a great model.

As for the fee for Hanson, pretty sure it was close to that paid for Holmes.

Archived