Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DcFc Dyycheee

Max Lowe - joined Aberdeen on loan, now back at PP but back to Aberdeen

Recommended Posts

Sensible I guess given Malone is Frank's signing and Forsyth has played his way back into the reckoning, just a surprise. 

Be nice to see Max get a solid run. SPL isn't the best quality but there are some decent players, and pressure, achievements and faults will all be magnified far more than league one.

Hopefully the making of him, there's definitely potential in the lad, but I can't see him being kept around if he's still only on the fringes in 12 months time.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Shang said:

For a bit of clarity it seems like Jody Morris was the one who convinced Max that he should go to Aberdeen. Really informative article here: https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/1552048/wise-words-from-jody-morris-helped-sell-max-lowe-on-move-to-aberdeen/

Good article. You can't blame Max being a bit apprehensive as he didn't get enough game time at Shrewsbury, really. No-one's fault - they were flying for most of the time he was there.

But he does need to be playing regularly at his stage of development and he wasn't going to get that at Derby. 

It sounds like a really good start for him.

Share this post


Link to post

Quite happy to see him back, always rated him but there was just that naiveness in his play that was making him too risky to play just yet. Terrific footballer, hopefully the experience will have given him some knowhow and he’ll come back a real player. That spots up for grabs for sure as well, malone is great going forward but can be a bit of a liability at times defensive wise.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

No brainer.

hopefully he has improved and gained confidence. 

 

Hopefully so, he was dreadful in a poor bunch against Leeds but I think he will be sharing the role with malone from now on 

Share this post


Link to post

Fingers crossed he steps up after a solid run up north. Definitely got it in him to play at this level, but needs to prove he can maintain fitness let alone perform.

I'd have been inclned to let him get a full season under his belt there and sign a stop gap/loan someone in to get us over the line. 

Share this post


Link to post

It was a fabulous win at Norwich but Andre Wisdom looked woefully lacking at left-back and generally AWOL at important times when we conceded goals. Disappointed, as he was a man-mountain in his initial spell at Derby.

Welcome back Max - make that spot your own!

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

It was a fabulous win at Norwich but Andre Wisdom looked woefully lacking at left-back and generally AWOL at important times when we conceded goals. Disappointed, as he was a man-mountain in his initial spell at Derby.

Welcome back Max - make that spot your own!

Disagree. He was pretty solid v norwich. Maybe a bit too narrow for the first goal, but otherwise played well.

the trouble with max is he can't seem to stay fit. 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Disagree. He was pretty solid v norwich. Maybe a bit too narrow for the first goal, but otherwise played well.

the trouble with max is he can't seem to stay fit. 

I agree he was solid against Norwich he will tend to tuck in a little because it is not his natural side.First goal he was let down by lack of help, he had Cantwell meaning he could not go out to the wide player till Mount got back by then it was too late.

Thought he got forward well too. 

Edited by Rambalin

Share this post


Link to post

Andre is a good player and can be solid and strong but he did fail at some key moments in the Norwich game - we seem to have cursed defenders who put in good displays but with costly lapses!

Hopefully Frank will be the manager who finally solves this Achilles Heel. Gawd knows, a few have tried.

Andre played well against Boro and I couldn't fathom some of the negative comments people made on RD after the game. He was showing more match-fitness - and put the Nugent chance on a plate (poor, poor finish by Nuge)

I wonder if Frank might rest Bogle against Soton, put Andre in his correct right-back slot, and give Max Lowe a homecoming?

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Woodypecker said:

Andre is a good player and can be solid and strong but he did fail at some key moments in the Norwich game - we seem to have cursed defenders who put in good displays but with costly lapses!

Hopefully Frank will be the manager who finally solves this Achilles Heel. Gawd knows, a few have tried.

Andre played well against Boro and I couldn't fathom some of the negative comments people made on RD after the game. He was showing more match-fitness - and put the Nugent chance on a plate (poor, poor finish by Nuge)

I wonder if Frank might rest Bogle against Soton, put Andre in his correct right-back slot, and give Max Lowe a homecoming?

 

Wisdom was my mom against Middlesbrough- at left back as well 

Share this post


Link to post
On 31/12/2018 at 14:56, Woodypecker said:

It was a fabulous win at Norwich but Andre Wisdom looked woefully lacking at left-back and generally AWOL at important times when we conceded goals. Disappointed, as he was a man-mountain in his initial spell at Derby.

Welcome back Max - make that spot your own!

I must have watched a different game then as I thought he looked better than he has all season, despite being played left-side. Didn't see the Boro game but most fans seem to feel he was MOTM, again played out of position.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.