Sign in to follow this  
DcFc Dyycheee

Max Lowe - joined Aberdeen on loan, now back at PP but back to Aberdeen

Mate told me that there’s always been plenty of lower/mid championship interest in him even during his injury troubles. 

Is aberdeen gonna be a better way of developing than playing in the champs? 

Leave that down to Jody and Wassall to decide. 

12 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

Are we still counting HITC as a worthy source for opening a tread?

Well there's this as well, from the Aberdeen equivalent of the Derby Telegraph.  But they could have got it from HITC. 

Would expect this one to be done today then. Good news that he still features in the plans long term and were looking at giving him a new deal, I still think he could be something special, just needs to get past the inexperience 

Glad it’s only jan. if he struggles for whatever reason he comes back soon. If he does well and we get injuries or bad performances from our left backs he can come back in contention. Or he’ll do well and our left backs will perform and he might stay the season. Hope he does well. 

On 29/08/2018 at 12:17, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Only a few weeks ago I genuinely thought he was going to be the next big player to emerge from the youth set-up.

He might still be

On 29/08/2018 at 12:20, Mr Tibbs said:

Not a bad shout if true, will certainly be a testing level for him. 

A move down or at best across

23 hours ago, northantsram said:

This is 100% the right decision.. deffo a player in there but needs to improve a lot on his game management and understanding of positioning ex ...

2 good championship left backs already in the squad.

Agreed

22 hours ago, caymanram said:

Thing is though, that he is only being touted by Aberdeen as ‘back up’. If he goes we need real guarantees of game time.....otherwise the move is pointless.

Again agreed

23 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Could easily have happened after last nights game, maybe they had someone their watching him.

With only 3 days left of the loan window loan deals will happen out of nowhere.

I still think the club know who their 1 new face already is and just waiting on a few outs.

Is there a new face expected? Where is that muted? Have I missed something?

Was expecting a longer term contract than three years at his age tbf, surprised me that one, prospects like these are the ones deserving of your 4/5 year contracts, not the prem rejects we’ve handed them out to in the past. Least he’s tied down now though, hope he gets some game time at Aberdeen as that’ll set him up perfectly imo. Interesting how it’s only until January, with the number of left backs we have and olsson back in the new year too I’d have thought a season long loan would have been safe enough.

21 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Is there a new face expected? Where is that muted? Have I missed something?

From what Lampard said last week about having an 'inkling' there will be an incoming on loan and DET have mentioned a few times they expect a loan signing as well. 

There could still be ins and outs at Derby County before the window for loan signings closes a week tonight.

"I have an inkling there may be some movement on both fronts, potentially," said manager Frank Lampard.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-derby-county-boss-frank-1931923

Edited by DCFC1388

Good luck Max and congratulations on the new contract.

As others have said, I think game time is critical in making Max as street smart as he is talented.  Really like that we are limiting loans until January and not strengthening other Championship teams. Well done Derby.

I'm a bit disappointed it's only until Jan. 

It doesn't give him much time to build a rapport with players or fans. 

It would be interesting to know if Derby or Aberdeen or Max wanted the short term loan.

Oh well, here's hoping he gets game time and hits the ground running. 

25 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I'm a bit disappointed it's only until Jan. 

It doesn't give him much time to build a rapport with players or fans. 

It would be interesting to know if Derby or Aberdeen or Max wanted the short term loan.

Oh well, here's hoping he gets game time and hits the ground running. 

Makes sense for everyone really. If he's playing well, they can extend the loan, and we can maybe get a bit more cash from them.  If he's playing badly or not playing, they get out of the deal and we get to send him somewhere else to have a go.