View from the outside 2018-2019

Derbados

14 minutes ago, 86 points said:

This one made me laugh more than it should have - "If he ever comes to manage us and wins the league I’ll get his portrait tattooed on my ballsack" Followed by - "You don't have him on your balls already? ducking plastic"

I've got his name tattooed on my manhood already. Well I say his name, I mean his initials, just. My missus was a bit perplexed when she saw it. "Who the duck is FI?" she said. "Wait till it gets bigger" I said. "Oh FL, I get it now" she replied. "Too right you will love" I bragged. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I've got his name tattooed on my manhood already. Well I say his name, I mean his initials, just. My missus was a bit perplexed when she saw it. "Who the duck is FI?" she said. "Wait till it gets bigger" I said. "Oh FL, I get it now" she replied. "Too right you will love" I bragged. 

you could have just had the 'ard' bit done...

A few from the Villa fans ahead of Sat, lots of the typical comments along the lines of: "I dont fear anyone in this league" and "any side can beat any other and on paper at least I think we are as good as any team in this division".

"Looking at the Derby-small heath game - what I noticed was that Derby eventually overcame the heath through possession of the football, they had something like 70% possession in the second half. I think that might bode well for us - we'll do a better job than those in blue at keeping the ball away from Derby, which might frustrate them. I think possession in this one will be a stat that matters and the game might be decided on who keeps the ball best. Derby are a big test for us, but we'll also be a challenge for them."

"I wouldn't be surprised if this was a another Sheffield United result. I can't see us keeping Derby at bay at all."

"I would be chuffed to bits even with a point out of this one. Derby are on fire and look dangerous. They were shaky at the back yesterday according to one of my bluenosed mates who was there. Let's hope our forwards turn up, I'd be tempted to play hogan instead of kodjia personally as I think he will be doing his very best to show Smith what he is capable of although kodjia looked good at times Friday I think he was to wasteful. My head says 2-1 my heart says 1-1 and I'm already looking forward to it which is still refreshing under Smith."

3 minutes ago, MK said:

A few from the Villa fans ahead of Sat, lots of the typical comments along the lines of: "I dont fear anyone in this league" and "any side can beat any other and on paper at least I think we are as good as any team in this division".

"Looking at the Derby-small heath game - what I noticed was that Derby eventually overcame the heath through possession of the football, they had something like 70% possession in the second half. I think that might bode well for us - we'll do a better job than those in blue at keeping the ball away from Derby, which might frustrate them. I think possession in this one will be a stat that matters and the game might be decided on who keeps the ball best. Derby are a big test for us, but we'll also be a challenge for them."

"I wouldn't be surprised if this was a another Sheffield United result. I can't see us keeping Derby at bay at all."

"I would be chuffed to bits even with a point out of this one. Derby are on fire and look dangerous. They were shaky at the back yesterday according to one of my bluenosed mates who was there. Let's hope our forwards turn up, I'd be tempted to play hogan instead of kodjia personally as I think he will be doing his very best to show Smith what he is capable of although kodjia looked good at times Friday I think he was to wasteful. My head says 2-1 my heart says 1-1 and I'm already looking forward to it which is still refreshing under Smith."

Some pretty reasonable comments. I'd disagree wwith possession bbeing key to our game though, all our goals came from quick incisive mmoves. We'll, we're nnot a Clement team anymore at least. We were very dangerous to chelsea on 30% possession. But villa have good players and are capable oof scoring ppast us

2 hours ago, MK said:

Yeh - I love stats and do think they add incredibly important value to analysis - But that's a case of 2+2=5 there

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Yep, Birmingham had 7 shots entire game against our 18; we looked really shaky!

To be fair we have looked shaky at the back all season! We're just gonna score more than other teams every game ?

18 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yeh - I love stats and do think they add incredibly important value to analysis - But that's a case of 2+2=5 there

To be fair we have looked shaky at the back all season! We're just gonna score more than other teams every game ?

It’s not shaky at the back. It’s giving teams a head start. We take the piss, even against Chelsea. Give them hope with an early goal, let them think they might actually win, then blow them away. How dibilitating must that be?

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s not shaky at the back. It’s giving teams a head start. We take the piss, even against Chelsea. Give them hope with an early goal, let them think they might actually win, then blow them away. How dibilitating must that be?

"Hey Birmingham - We only actually need 45 minutes to beat you - AND we'll give you a head-start - No seriously - We'll do it..."

On 03/11/2018 at 09:26, tomsdubs said:

That Brum game was a joke, the ref just refused to blow until they scored. Nearly 10 mins added on time.

Same game in which we didn’t give the ball back to them after they’d kicked it out because their player got injured by blatantly fouling us and getting away with it. 

Monumentally bad ref that game 

20 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

"Hey Birmingham - We only actually need 45 minutes to beat you - AND we'll give you a head-start - No seriously - We'll do it..."

We tried it with Brentford, but didn’t quite have the able to wait til half time to start scoring. Once we realised we could indeed score 3 goals in about 20 minutes, we eased off a bit. Now we’ve hit our groove, we know we can give teams a full 45 mins head start. 

56 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Maybe teams will start to think it’s not a good idea getting an early goal - it just makes us cross so we have to score more!

Archived