View from the outside 2018-2019

Derbados

A few choices words from the Baggies, before during and after tonight’s hammering at the hands of the Mighty Rams. Mostly pretty reasonable to be fair and some really quite insightful and telling. I've been a bit one-eyed with the selected quotes but on a night like tonight, we only want to hear how wonderful we are and not them moaning about how rubbish they and 'Big Dave are, right?

BEFORE

We are favourites for the league, third at the moment, top scorers and at home

If we play as we have been doing at home, then we can win comfortably.

Derby as of 22nd October have the 14th best away record in the league. Albion have the 2nd best home record in the league, beaten only by Wigan who haven’t lost a game at home. Obviously not a forgone conclusion but it suggests a decent chance of a home win.

This will be a tough game probably our hardest of the season so far they are starting to click under Lampard.

At home we are a match for anyone so no reason why we can't turn these over. 

DURING

We’re getting pasted here

What the hell is going on? 

We just can’t cope with Lawrence and Wilson

Theyve got our Midfielders completely shut down, theyre overlapping on the wings and wreaking havoc as a result.

Derby have given us a schooling tonight  Made us look League 2

We only need 4 goals.

Tosin has been the best of the 3 centre backs (not that that's difficult). Field has been more positive than Brunt, but they have been overrun by Derby's much younger, more energetic and technically gifted midfielders.

Lampard has never been a manager before, but he has got his team working together.

We only need to score 5

It could have been 8-3 to derby 

AFTER (Heavily edited selection - they're not terribly pleased!)

That midfield is seriously lacking, Derby’s midfield was class tonight

Derby had an old squad similar to us and have changed there style with a high pressing game. No pressure on them young lads at all. Hats off to them tonight 

Holy smokes, Derby were good tonight. Masterclass on how to control a game without possession.    

The rest was all a bit yadda, yadda, yadda but hopefully this makes good reading for Rams fans. COYR

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

This is what they clearly drink

Carson...Real ale

Keogh...Turbo Shandies

Tomori...whiskey and coke

Bogle...blue wkd

Malone...meths

Hudds...old fashioned

Mount...orange squash

Wilson...snakey b

Lawrence...budget brand g&t

Marriot..Punk IPA

Waghorn...mainstream lager

Bennett...McFlurry

Nuge...imported wheat beer

Forsyth...Mild

The way they played tonight was heavenly, so I suggest that they are all on the Belgian Trappist beers.

16 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

A few mentions on there about it being too early to judge because Frank hasn't had to deal with any injuries or suspensions to players yet. We've had Davies and Huddlestone out for a good month or 2, Evans got injured on his league debut over 2 months ago and still isn't back, Wilson missed around a month, Marriott took months to get up to full fitness and then we've had minor injuries here and there to the likes of Bryson, Johnson, Malone and Bennett and the suspension for Lawrence. I think it's fair to say he's not had the easiest of times with injuries and suspensions so far

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Thanks -this one's my favourite!

Mad isn’t it how you can’t actually go to decent sides in the league and attack them.

My particular favourite was in reply to the gomer who suggested they were only 3 wins from top:

Indeed, however from 14 games we have just 4 wins. We should have those 3 in another 12 games or so.

Love reading outside view of our club,often puts things in prospective when reading about their own opinions of how well they are coping.

One thing for sure, nobody grabbing this league by the scruff of the neck like wolves last year and I think we will continue to improve giving us a great chance for the autos.

Thought Leeds would have done better after their performance against us, and the Boro seen to blow got and cold.

Just hope the usual slip in Jan doesn't happen as the norm and we can continue to push on.

‘They played an 18 year old right back last night, his 10th appearance of the season. 
Our manager won't play our youth right back........’

TBF, They’ve sussed out Rowett a lot sooner than a lot of our fans did, I think the results we got blinded most of ours to the awful performances. 

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Why fat Frank?

If he’s fat Frank then I’m clinically obese John!

Living in the East End all my West Ham pals call him Lumplard. He did waddle around a bit in his younger days, but then became svelte once the sports science professionals took over the game. Part of the work ethic he's instilling in the rest of them - he absolutely maximized his (not inconsiderable) ability.

4 minutes ago, curb said:

‘They played an 18 year old right back last night, his 10th appearance of the season. 
Our manager won't play our youth right back........’

TBF, They’ve sussed out Rowett a lot sooner than a lot of our fans did, I think the results we got blinded most of ours to the awful performances. 

Depends what you class as awful performances? 

You don't finish in the play offs after a season of awful performances. 

We beat Boro 3-0 at their place last year, is anything less than that going to be classed as awful? 

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Living in the East End all my West Ham pals call him Lumplard. He did waddle around a bit in his younger days, but then became svelte once the sports science professionals took over the game. Part of the work ethic he's instilling in the rest of them - he absolutely maximized his (not inconsiderable) ability.

Lumplard ?

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Depends what you class as awful performances? 

You don't finish in the play offs after a season of awful performances. 

We beat Boro 3-0 at their place last year, is anything less than that going to be classed as awful? 

Yes, it was mostly awful, dire, uninspiring football. 

I didnt go go to Boro last season so cant really comment on that particular game, because I’d pretty much had enough of Rowett football by then. 

Archived