View from the outside 2018-2019

Derbados

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, angieram said:

Here's some analysis from Sheffield that is a little more objective: 

How come no one has counted and reported how many drinks of water each goal keeper took? Surely this is another significant stat and everything else seems to be counted/measured/calculated by one of the, what must be, growing army of data gatherers.

Seriously though, an interesting analysis but definitely getting close to analysis paralysis. Also, as the pundits do on TV, it's much easier to call out errors in decision making, positioning etc, by isolating one or two incidents and in the calmness of the after match review. It takes little account of what's going through a players mind in the heat of the moment.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

How come no one has counted and reported how many drinks of water each goal keeper took? Surely this is another significant stat and everything else seems to be counted/measured/calculated by one of the, what must be, growing army of data gatherers.

Seriously though, an interesting analysis but definitely getting close to analysis paralysis. Also, as the pundits do on TV, it's much easier to call out errors in decision making, positioning etc, by isolating one or two incidents and in the calmness of the after match review. It takes little account of what's going through a players mind in the heat of the moment.

I thought it was a worthwhile read. Although iI was highly amused by we should've sscored a hat full in the first half from the chances we didn't create because we could've created them line of reasoning. If.My auntie had testicles etc

Strange but nowhere have I read that Derby had to make a major change after 20 minutes with Bryson going off injured and a winger moved over to central midfield which did disrupt us for quite a while and a lot of credit to the derby team for their performance thereafter 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought it was a worthwhile read. Although iI was highly amused by we should've sscored a hat full in the first half from the chances we didn't create because we could've created them line of reasoning. If.My auntie had testicles etc

Thanks. I was beginning to wish I'd never posted it! 

Just now, Mckram said:

Strange how that suggests they had the better chances when I think we did by a long long way! 

We did.

His line seems to be that usually sheff utd have better chances when they are on top, so really, that means they should've won?! To be honest I think he's more trying tto say to blades fans they didn't play that bad, and they didn't, they were better first half, we were better second, 2-1 wasn't an unfair scoreline.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander how wba boro and chelsea think of us.

Since you ask b4:

Once you trawl through the Baggie's concentrating on our ticket sales ("Expected Derby to sell out. Poor from them.") and the possible reasons behind this ("The red button is killing midweek championship away followings." etc) there are mixed feeling about how they'll get on but cautious optimism seems to be the theme. 

"Derby have only won 2 of 6 away games this season (at Reading and Hull), they have lost at Millwall, Rotherham and Bolton as well as drawing with QPR. If we play as we have been doing at home, then we can win comfortably."

"This will be a tough game probably our hardest of the season so far they are starting to click under Lampard."

"Derby have the 14th best away record in the league. Albion have the 2nd best home record in the league. Obviously not a forgone conclusion but it suggests a decent chance of a home win."

Chelsea's ShedEnd Forum has a 'Super Frank's Derby County' thread. No gems worth copying and pasting but it's pretty interesting how closely they're following us under Lamps - http://www.theshedend.com/topic/31977-super-franks-derby-county/

22 minutes ago, David said:

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=22413.0

Mostly laying into Moore and his tactics, surprised me a bit with how good they’ve been. Couple of positive comments on Lampard and one saying it was a masterclass.

Then you have this guy 

This bloke has just made me like our team more than I did already. I think he's bang on. 

David Nugent even looks a bit like Liam Fray. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This bloke has just made me like our team more than I did already. I think he's bang on. 

David Nugent even looks a bit like Liam Fray. 

This is what they clearly drink

Carson...Real ale

Keogh...Turbo Shandies

Tomori...whiskey and coke

Bogle...blue wkd

Malone...meths

Hudds...old fashioned

Mount...orange squash

Wilson...snakey b

Lawrence...budget brand g&t

Marriot..Punk IPA

Waghorn...mainstream lager