View from the outside 2018-2019

Derbados

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we are looking a more rounded team,playing more attractive football not reliant on just one of two players putting in a performance,looking a deserved promotion place contender with the ability for these players to improve individually and as a team. Whether we will continue to improve enough to challenge Middlesbrough ,dirty Leeds and the likes looks promising.

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/day-trip-to-darrrrrrby.67109/

Here is a Blades' supporter's summary of the game yesterday.

Made me laugh that he thinks the sound system is only loud in the away section, and also that he thinks we signed Maddison rather than Marriott from Peterborough. 

They play Stoke on Tuesday - I hope we haven't tired them out and they win! Although a draw might be better for us. 

9 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Surely there must be some nice things said about us somewhere in the world after yesterday’s performance?

not just comments from a bunch of bitter Sheffield United fans, who were beaten fair and square in a decent contest. 

14 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Surely there must be some nice things said about us somewhere in the world after yesterday’s performance?

not just comments from a bunch of bitter Sheffield United fans, who were beaten fair and square in a decent contest. 

I don't get why they were so bitter though.  I didn't see the game, but I've watched the highlights on Sky, Quest, and Rams TV and I'm still waiting to see this massive glut of clear cut chances they calved out in the first half.  For all their supposed dominance, they created two shots of note, compared to our goal, the Marriott volley, the Waghorn header and the break where Wilson really should've bypassed the last man.  Seems as though they're getting obsessed with the point of view we had under Clement, that possession = the right to win.

Funk 'em!!! 

Having worked in Chesterfield for a quite a few years with a number of Wednesday and United (and even Barnsley) fans, I came to two clear conclusions regarding the majority of them:

1. Yorkshire folk are naturally miserable sods with an in-built grudge against the rest of the country and a sour outlook on life (not so much a 'pint half empty' attitude, but more a 'pint smashed in the gutter and beer pouring down the drain')
  2. They're all a bit thick when it comes to football (if not other things as well....)

It does make beating any of the Yorkie teams that little bit sweeter though...

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Having worked in Chesterfield for a quite a few years with a number of Wednesday and United (and even Barnsley) fans, I came to two clear conclusions regarding the majority of them:

1. Yorkshire folk are naturally miserable sods with an in-built grudge against the rest of the country and a sour outlook on life (not so much a 'pint half empty' attitude, but more a 'pint smashed in the gutter and beer pouring down the drain')
  2. They're all a bit thick when it comes to football (if not other things as well....)

RE: Point 1, they call it defeated nation syndrome.

It's also true that you never need ask if someone's a Yorkshire man, they'll hhave told you.

You can always tell a Yorkshire man,but, you can't tell him much.

A Yorkshire man can be defined aas an aberdonian with the generosity squeezed out.

6 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I'd have voted for Yexit too.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm sure it's a great read but I stopped when I saw that stupid 'expected goals' heading.

Who invented the expected goals stat? Absolute garbage.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Here's some analysis from Sheffield that is a little more objective: 

A hell of a lot work gone into something that can essentially be summed up in a few words.

We pushed higher up the pitch, gave them less space and therefore controlled more of the ball. A summary without even needing to get my tape measure out and work out our average distance from our own goal!

Just now, Kernow said:

A hell of a lot work gone into something that can essentially be summed up in a few words.

We pushed higher up the pitch, gave them less space and therefore controlled more of the ball. A summary without even needing to get my tape measure out and work out our average distance from our own goal!

I can do it in even less.

We won.

10 hours ago, Kernow said:

So is it that in the first half we thought ‘if were too hung ho, these guys will swamp us.’ But in the second half we thought, ‘duck it, they’re swamping is any way, maybe if we push up as high as we can, we’ll pin them back.’

I love that, to be honest. A clear tactical thought process, and the foresight to make what is quite subtle change (not a triple substitution, or a significant formation change, or chucking the goal keeper in attack, just pushing up a few extra meters) to effect a significant change in the dynamics of the match. 

FLs going to be a ducking great manager if he keeps on with that. He’s got no right to be a tactical genius yet, theoretically he should still have a lay to learn, sonif this is just his starting point of his learning curve, I look forward to seeing where he ends up. 

Archived