View from the outside 2018-2019

Derbados

Time this was resurrected again, some comments from the ‘ull fans last night;

“Derby just looked a different class to us , from attitude to movement , to first touch , just better at everything”

”Fat Franks got them playing some slick football, to say they made 8 changes their squad compared to hours was ridiculous, men against boys, literally!” 

“My Mrs asked me to get a photo of Lampard , I was that Bored I obliged , then I got that bored I started to wonder why people called him Fat Frank when he looks pretty trim up close . Then I started to wonder if these wonderings were normal for a married man. Then they made it 4-0 so I left “

“No worries for Saturday then, Marshall and the first team will be back. Unfortunately, Derby's first team will also roll up ........so could be 5 nil.”

“Well, I feared a drubbing and that's what we got. Their 2nd team light years better than our 2nd eleven, as will Saturdays figure prove to be their 1st eleven so much better than ours.”

“Look at Mount , can't expect all 19 year olds to be as good as him , but he is literally a thousand levels above our young players . Harsh but fair I think .”

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Derbados said:

“My Mrs asked me to get a photo of Lampard , I was that Bored I obliged , then I got that bored I started to wonder why people called him Fat Frank when he looks pretty trim up close . Then I started to wonder if these wonderings were normal for a married man. Then they made it 4-0 so I left “

Good musings. 

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

The only thing id like to comment on that is our "second 11 " could be our first 11 quite easily . 

Jozefoon and Waghorn should definitely start on Saturday ,the only changes we should make are nugent and carson back in and maybe forsyth back in if Malone isn't fit enough to start.

13 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

The only thing id like to comment on that is our "second 11 " could be our first 11 quite easily . 

Agreed.  I bet a greater proportion of our team from last night plays on Saturday than theirs.  Still, it’s good to think our strength in depth is giving opposition fans the willies!! 

I was wondering how long it would take for this thread to re-emerge. I figured as soon as it does, it would be an indicator that we're very much on the right path. Didn't think we'd be seeing it emerge in August, mind!

Altogether now: "We only check when we're winning! Check when we're wiiiiinning! We only..."

29 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Just showed how they are succeeding in creating a proper squad............................8 Changes and they were seamless.    And Huddz was majestic. Are we really going to let him go in the next couple of days ??!!

He's going nowhere . 

1 hour ago, t'oldu said:

.    And Huddz was majestic. Are we really going to let him go in the next couple of days ??!!

Good god no. I’ve given myself a slap across the face, for suggesting it was a good idea a couple of weeks ago. Anyone else who thought it should do the same, bonkers idea, don’t know what I was thinking.

1 hour ago, t'oldu said:

Just showed how they are succeeding in creating a proper squad............................8 Changes and they were seamless.    And Huddz was majestic. Are we really going to let him go in the next couple of days ??!!

I think last night was the clearest indication for me that he's a key part of Lampard's plans - Johnson has played there in previous games and could have again - Also has Thorne kicking his heels in the u23s - But wanted to get game time for Huddlestone - If we were loaning him out why would we care about getting him game time 3 days before the window closes?

57 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Good god no. I’ve given myself a slap across the face, for suggesting it was a good idea a couple of weeks ago. Anyone else who thought it should do the same, bonkers idea, don’t know what I was thinking.

With all the talk last season about him being immobile I was beginning to doubt my own judgement as I always liked his ball control, passing and physical presence. Then in the Soton friendly when he came on he made a huge difference and I knew I was right .. his composure and the time he made for himself to play the right ball gave our faster creative players so much more of the ball, along with freedom to chase and perform. He can be a great fulcrum for this team. 

Hyddz has NEVER been mobile even when playing for us at 16........ CB before being tried at DMF

He doesn't have to run with the ball........... his inch-perfect , long passes do the work for him.

Have never understood  why people moan so about his lack of agility. He is a tall, graceful player  who can read a game, drop back to be a 3rd CB if needed and progress a game with one pass.

1 hour ago, t'oldu said:

Hyddz has NEVER been mobile even when playing for us at 16........ CB before being tried at DMF

He doesn't have to run with the ball........... his inch-perfect , long passes do the work for him.

Have never understood  why people moan so about his lack of agility. He is a tall, graceful player  who can read a game, drop back to be a 3rd CB if needed and progress a game with one pass.

Depends what's being asked of him.

Last year when we countered and he was involved we were left exposed to the exact same tactic we were trying to employ because he was too far up the field and couldn't get back. 

If he's going to sit a bit more this year it won't be a problem. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Depends what's being asked of him.

Last year when we countered and he was involved we were left exposed to the exact same tactic we were trying to employ because he was too far up the field and couldn't get back. 

If he's going to sit a bit more this year it won't be a problem. 

Quarterback, hopefully.

5 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Quarterback, hopefully.

If Mount is playing the Lampard role and Hudds is to be our Becks, who is to be our Gerrard? Do we have anyone good at decking people in nightclubs?

Archived