Duane Holmes

JoeDerby

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Been injured/ unfit I believe but he’s set to play tonight by the sounds of it. Can’t say I was that enamoured by his signing but sometimes players from lower down can surprise, let’s hope he has a big impact tonight.

Be good to see what he's about, could be anything really, had never heard of the guy before he signed.

When we were first linked with him I tired to find his YouTube reel as I'd not even heard of the lad. There wasn't much up, just a few individual goals he'd scored but I was very pleasantly surprised at the clips. Very quick, direct and with an eye for goal. Fast-forward to tonight and wow, just wow! What a way to introduce yourself to the Derby faithful. Like young George Evans I really think he might prove an absolute steal by modern day prices. Can't have been too many first match cameos more telling than that. The pass for Mason's goal was slide rule stuff. I think it's already quite obvious that we are recruiting way better than has been the case for some time now and that's a joy to see. 

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

When we were first linked with him I tired to find his YouTube reel as I'd not even heard of the lad. There wasn't much up, just a few individual goals he'd scored but I was very pleasantly surprised at the clips. Very quick, direct and with an eye for goal. Fast-forward to tonight and wow, just wow! What a way to introduce yourself to the Derby faithful. Like young George Evans I really think he might prove an absolute steal by modern day prices. Can't have been too many first match cameos more telling than that. The pass for Mason's goal was slide rule stuff. I think it's already quite obvious that we are recruiting way better than has been the case for some time now and that's a joy to see. 

Absolutely spot on. Our recruitment this year, compared to previous years shows a massive step up in quality, and potential for future growth and if it comes to it, actually being able to make a profit on resale. I'm really excited by Holmes, if tonight is anything to go by he could play a really important role this season.

8 minutes ago, 86 points said:

So good to see us recruiting from the lower leagues. Like many I will be sad to see the likes of Thorne and Martin move on but the new squad has so much potential.

25 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

So good to see us recruiting from the lower leagues. Like many I will be sad to see the likes of Thorne and Martin move on but the new squad has so much potential.

Yeah, it's kind of bittersweet. George and Chris have been two of my favourite players in recent years. Proper top quality Championship performers. George was different gravy on his day and few Derby strikers have made scoring look as easy as Chris did in his pomp. Criminal luck with injuries may have curtailed what looked like a glowing future career for George and the club's handling of Chris has been embarrassing IMO. Such a shame. All of this said, if they are really not in Frank's plans then I'd rather they get a chance elsewhere than fester on the bench or even end up stuck with the U23s. That's really not how I'd want to see them end their Derby careers and I'm sure I'm not alone in my thinking. Selfishly, it'd be gutting to see them flying for other clubs were they to recapture their form, but in truth it's very hard to begrudge them the chance. 

Well, that certainly settled any doubts about Homes, Josephzoon fantastic as well.

In fact everything was great. It's obvious that as soon as one goes in for Marriott, the

floodgates are going to open - we could have had 9/10 tonite, and we still have players

that aren't match fit!

55 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Frank builing for the future 

Yes. He likes being Manager of Derby County. When you look at the young guns that Frank has on his staff it seems that he is extremely intelligent and/or listens to good advice. Plain to see that we are building a Jody U23 style team that wins a lot of Games. Mel is publicly keeping very quiet which is a very good thing. ?

Archived