Turning the Heating On?

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

I’ve lived in Samford for over 20 years now and it can actually get to 0c in the morning. Just to rub it in we’ll hit 30c in this last week of winter.

I’ve wrote his address down wrong haven’t I.

Postcode is 4520,is that Samford?

27 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Was 9 degrees when I went to work the other morning I won't out the heating on until it's October though

I would recommend running the system once a fortnight for 5 mins, just keeps it ticking over and avoids any potential issues if you suddenly turn it on after months of none usage.

7 hours ago, McRamFan said:

I would recommend running the system once a fortnight for 5 mins, just keeps it ticking over and avoids any potential issues if you suddenly turn it on after months of none usage.

Are you a plumber or just sensible??

12 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I know it’s a ridiculous thread.

When is it acceptable?

Came in from work yesterday and it was on...end of August.

On interview everyone went no comment?

(I don’t really care,FYI).

Had the heating on yesterday - thermostatically controlled to about 21C - and the week before last we lit the open fire! It's been cold and damp, and I don't like it!

Difficult to draft any certain DCFC use of central heating rules from this lot.

I think the loose guidelines may be.

Allowed use of central heating is 1st October to 1st of March.

If it’s really cold and you are completely reckless then you can use it out of these times but an extra layer of clothing is preferred.

If you live south of Watford you don’t give a duck anyway and will either burn money or a poor northerner.

If you live in Australia you don’t give a duck either as you’re liable to get killed by the wildlife anyway.

We still had the patio doors open until 9.00 pm last night - beautiful evening here in mid-Derbyshire.

And today, I'm in my t-shirt and shorts preparing for a wonderful sunny and warm weekend with expected temperatures up to 24 Degs.C on Sunday & Monday.

The central heating WILL NOT be switched on until we change the clocks in October!!!!

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

We still had the patio doors open until 9.00 pm last night - beautiful evening here in mid-Derbyshire.

And today, I'm in my t-shirt and shorts preparing for a wonderful sunny and warm weekend with expected temperatures up to 24 Degs.C on Sunday & Monday.

The central heating WILL NOT be switched on until we change the clocks in October!!!!

Same here - was still knocking about in the garden last night until nightfall here in south Derbyshire.

Although I must admit, last Saturday was apparently cold (I was on a stag do in Barca) and the other half text to ask if she could put the log burner on...

1 minute ago, sawley_ram said:

Same here - was still knocking about in the garden last night until nightfall here in south Derbyshire.

Although I must admit, last Saturday was apparently cold (I was on a stag do in Barca) and the other half text to ask if she could put the log burner on...

We were camping last weekend near Mablethorpe and I can confirm it was bloody cold. Mrs Wolfie's suggestion was to get an oil filled radiator next time. Great idea, what with tents being such efficient insulators of heat & everything.

39 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

We were camping last weekend near Mablethorpe and I can confirm it was bloody cold. Mrs Wolfie's suggestion was to get an oil filled radiator next time. Great idea, what with tents being such efficient insulators of heat & everything.

Couldn't you suggest more, er, creative solutions?

Archived