Will Hughes on Rowett

1961ram

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'm not commenting on Frank I'm commenting on Gary.

I'm not asking him to shoe horn a player into a system I'm asking him to pick the club's best midfielder.

Was Gary's system so bad it meant he didn't play a midfield?

I ask that genuinely as I didn't watch many of your games with him in charge 

What kind of system does Will not fit into?

That will be a system that relies on balls being pumped over the top of midfield for the forward to chase after. Criminal non-use of the lovely grass at Pride Park. I also recall Ben saying something similar after Jimmy Floyd H took over and Burton started playing football.

No bigger fan of Will Hughes than I, and I was also prepared to assume that he was the one who wanted to leave and was pushing for it.... However, for all the sorrow of him leaving, for a smaller fee than many would have thought fair, and to a smaller club than expected, I still think the time was right for him to go.  Not for the benefit of DCFC (clearly) but for the benefit of Will.  To fulfil his potential he needs to be playing in the top flight on a regular basis and for as long as possible. Another season or two with us and his career would have been passing him by (particularly in Rowett’s team).

Obviously, I’d have preferred he went to a big club for £20m but all that is water under the bridge now.  I just hope he becomes the player we think he will be.... and perhaps we can start to turn our attention to the likes of Bogle, Elsnik, Bennett, Thomas and a few others coming through who can be just as good (!?!?)

2 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'm not commenting on Frank I'm commenting on Gary.

I'm not asking him to shoe horn a player into a system I'm asking him to pick the club's best midfielder.

Was Gary's system so bad it meant he didn't play a midfield?

I ask that genuinely as I didn't watch many of your games with him in charge 

What kind of system does Will not fit into?

Rowett only needed a midfield when the predictable hoof fell short.

5 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

If i had a spare day or two i would  love to go back and get some of the posts up for a laugh. I was getting told things like .... Look he wants to leave so get shot at whatever price, ........I kept saying he had only just signed a new deal but it was all its not GRs fault that he has had his head turned and wants a move etc etc so get over it  . Does the ? still live in Derby ? 

Duffield

On 27/08/2018 at 10:31, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I supported him whilst he was here but the more we move away from his functional football and press conferences full of absolute waffle the more pleased I am that we let him go.

I assume you are talking about Rowett????

20 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Not read everyone else's posts but ..

Anyone who couldn't see Will Hughes was destined for the top can't judge football and shouldn't be allowed an opinion on the game.

Never mind being a charge of a club, picking a side and spending an owner's money.

He'll be in the England squad before the end of the season. There are a few on here who spotted that early and as far as I know aren't in the game.

Amazing how quickly Garys stock as a manager is falling.

I'm surprised, I thought for a long time he was going to be decent.

I am not a Rowett fan ( I was willing to support him to a point) However, regardless of the talaent that Will had, if he is not going to fit the type of play GR had in mind then he was doing Will a favour by moving him on.

Let's face it Will could have stayed, maybe had a few cameo appearances from the bench, then faded into the under 23's for a while. If Rowett was still here and he decided to sell Will in the last transfer window we might only be looking at a couple of million at best.

I don't like it either but thems the facts 

When Rowett first came he talked the talk. I got sucked in & thought he was a decent chap. I have nothing but hatred for him now. 

Will Hughes one of the best players in the division isn't my type of player what an utter spak 

I've only just seen this - I've been fairly neutral about Rowett leaving - I didn't like the football we were playing under him but was prepared to give him some time to see what happened - Fairly please he left but certainly didn't feel the animosity of most (don't feel he's a snake, just a bit self-centred)

However - I now hate him - I actually felt bile rising in my throat as I read this thread - He cost us our Hughes...

On 27/08/2018 at 12:09, rustylee said:

It really is the sign of a poor manager that is so committed to his own style of football that he can’t find a place in his team for a touch of quality. Even Alladyce when at Bolton was labelled a long ball manager but he still found ways to utilise the few quality flair players they unearthed.

Yeah it was wierd seeing him fitting the likes of okocha and djorkaeff into his teams 

Archived