Hull (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

Derby blood

Difficult one to predict,would imagine a few changes in the line up with Waghorn, Marriot, Hudds and Lowe getting a run out. Hopefully see us snatch it but much prefer the points in sat if I had to choose a win between the two.

COYR?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Difficult one to predict,would imagine a few changes in the line up with Waghorn, Marriot, Hudds and Lowe getting a run out. Hopefully see us snatch it but much prefer the points in sat if I had to choose a win between the two.

COYR?

Choosing wins? We'll win both ?

Wild stab at the team selection

Carson

wisdom Keogh Tomori  Malone 

Huddlestone  

Mount.     Bryson 

Waghorn    Marriott.    jo flo 

not sure who else we currently have to replace Bryson 

11 hours ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Is Thorne to QPR being talked about anywhere by journo’s etc in the know, or just because SM and Thorne have history?

I’d really like to see George come good for us after such a great start and then a string of bad luck. Would be amazing for him to glue the 4-3-3 together and make a successful come back. ?

Not seen anything about Thorne to QPR from journos. We had three from QPR (McClaren, Ferdinand and their chief scout) watching the U23s and it's being discussed on their forums. Having signed two strikers they seem to want a defensive midfielder and also a centre back so he fits the bill. Maybe they'll come in for Pearce too? 

Everyone would love George to be the missing link to make things click. Big call for Lampard. 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Captain sad barsteward over here is going to the match tonight on his own (making the most of the last week off as a teacher ?

ill be on road rider coach 1 if someone wants an argument about anything ?

What time does the road rider leave?

30 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Will Huddlestone play tonight? Ledley has two different injuries according to Lampard, can't see him being fit. But I really can't see Hudds managing two 90 minutes in a week straight from injury. 

Maybe Johnson tonight, Hudds Saturday? 

I think Hudds will get a run out tonight, if only for an hour.

It was a good call by Lampard to play a very strong team at Oldham in R1 days after our trouncing by Leeds but think he'd be wise making plenty of changes for this one.

We play Hull in the league a few days later which is infinitely more important, so don't see the merit in playing a similar team for both fixtures. Also, we've got far too many squad players who haven't had any game time as yet & in view of the Chelsea under-23s result, it'd be great to get Thorne & maybe Martin involved too (assuming both aren't about to leave us)

I'd be happy with a midfield of Thorne sitting, Elsnik/Guy & Holmes with Anya & Flo Jo either side of Martin. Pace in abundance around 2 technically gifted players.

18 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

It was a good call by Lampard to play a very strong team at Oldham in R1 days after our trouncing by Leeds but think he'd be wise making plenty of changes for this one.

We play Hull in the league a few days later which is infinitely more important, so don't see the merit in playing a similar team for both fixtures. Also, we've got far too many squad players who haven't had any game time as yet & in view of the Chelsea under-23s result, it'd be great to get Thorne & maybe Martin involved too (assuming both aren't about to leave us)

I'd be happy with a midfield of Thorne sitting, Elsnik/Guy & Holmes with Anya & Flo Jo either side of Martin. Pace in abundance around 2 technically gifted players.

Would be great to give them a run in this match.....and your suggested set up would suit them I think.

Lamps needs to see them performing in a first team set up....he may see some interesting alternatives in his 433 system.

Would really like to see George get a run out here. He did really well at Chelsea with the U23. Plenty of running right up until the end of the game and lots of invention too. He could be getting back to proper full fitness and he would definitely offer something worthwhile.

Get the impression that he just doesn’t factor in Frank’s mind but maybe he hasn’t looked at some of the videos before last season.

I live just outside Hull and have tickets for both games and will be sitting with my wife (A Hull Pass Holder) and her cronies.

Hey Frankie (Sounds like the cue for a song) - Don't mind who you pick as long as we win both of them

This is almost the equivalent of a red scum game for me !!

The crowds have been dire at the KC.  Just over 12000 last game which is probably 1500 more than there were actually there. (They count all pass holders as attending whether they come or not.)

Tickets for tonight are £5 for members and £9 for the rest, so maybe they get a decent crowd.

Balti Pies are excellent and be sure to shout  'Allam Out' !!!

Right lets' get down to business.

I haven't seen the team sheet, but I know the team will be completely wrong and It'll be a crap lineup. 

There will be numerous things wrong with the selection and don't even start on the tactics. 

We're going to get hammered and we'll deserve it for being so naive! 

We seem so amateur!

Etc, etc, etc!

just arrived in Hull , first pint ordered at the bar , have not got a clue about team selection , but doubt we will see Thorne and Martin involved , Waggy and Jack need game time and Hudds as well so im sure those two wont be involved , even though it would be great to see them , good luck tonight lads , a solid professional performance and im sure we will be in the hat for the next round , Frankie Lampards Barmy Army

Archived