Hull (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

Derby blood

Lawrence is a very good player. He has been brave enough and talented enough to carry the ball forward in an effort to create. It's not an easy thing to do. Its true he needs coaching to learn when to pass and when to keep hold of the ball, he also needs to keep his head up more BUT....that coaching I think is being implemented. . The first signs for me were against Preston where he played much more as part of the team. One thing is for sure, if we can see the need for coaching so can our management team. In Frank we trust!

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Is wasting chances good for the team?

Why, when anyone says anything negative about Lawrence is the answer always some mockery poo. 

Yeah, we are all so stupid that we didn't realise goals won games. And there is 100% no possibility that Derby would score more goals without him ball hogging and running into dead ends.

It's funny, if Derby play abysmal and win do you think nobody should care about the performance. If Derby give away 5 open goals would you shrug your shoulders and say only the result matters? No, you'd think this guy or that guy looks out of form. The team looks better when this happens or that happens. You wouldn't want a repeat performance because sooner or later bad performances equals bad results. 

So while Lawrence playing well for 30 seconds might please you, can you not see how the other 93 and a half minutes of ignoring teammates in wide open areas and goal scoring positions might possibly have a negative effect on the result. Or is our team just a supporting cast for Tom Lawrence and his quest to score goals whatever the result

You see nobody jumped on the thread to hammer Lawrence. But you mention him in anything less than a positive light and you're "scapegoating" him. Or being an "expert" or ignoring that he scored 2 free kicks and a good header tbf 

That's where we come on to explain our point and it looks like we have a vendetta. 

It's simply not true. He could be like Jordon Ibe was. He learned he had teammates. 

Thanks for writing such a long post however I suggest reading what i write before hitting that reply button next time, it may save you some time.

The post I replied to? said Lawerence was a liability and had no place in Lampard starting 11, I merly pointed out that I expect him to be restored to the starting line up come Saturday and therefore Lampard does not see him as being one  and beleive he brings more positives than negatives to the team.

Not quite sure what your rant is about.

4 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I think Lawrence is a good player and has looked good this season - In the Preston and Ipswich games where they marked ALL our creative players I thought him and Mount linked up quite well

It would be slightly daft dropping our current top scorer - But we'll see what Lampard does - It's lovely having the wealth of options that Lawrence, FloJo, Bennett and Waghorn give us

Would you admit if Lampard keeps picking Lawrence that maybe he's adding more than you can see?

There's stuff he does well already. He can carry the ball a long way and win set pieces. It's very handy when we're countering. I just think free kicks aside all the other wingers offer a bit more to the team.

If he does stick with Lawrence then I hope it's more to do with the player he will become than the player he is.

If Lawrence improves his decision making by 50% then he's going to be great for us. 

I've just watched the highlights. I can't believe no one mentioned that Waghorn was involved in the build up of all four goals, at least not what I've seen. 

He looks like the player that I was hoping for. The first touch for his goal is outrageous, nevermind the finish. 

Based on what I've seen, no way should he be dropped for the next game. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I've just watched the highlights. I can't believe no one mentioned that Waghorn was involved in the build up of all four goals, at least not what I've seen. 

He looks like the player that I was hoping for. The first touch for his goal is outrageous, nevermind the finish. 

Having watched a replay of the full match(best 90 minutes ever) I'd like to also point out FloJo and Mount's link up was very spicy. Wouldn't mind a repeat of that on Saturday but I guess Lawrence will be back. Also THudd is a baller.

15 hours ago, Ambitious said:

*ahem*

On 29/08/2018 at 10:44, Animal is a Ram said:

Jozefzoon looks like the player I've been wanting us to sign since Mac. A proper winger, instead of falling for the Johnny Russell (take a second striker and stick them out wide) Syndrome.

Waghorn had a big hand in all of the goals last night, and a wonderful finish to get us going. Think I'd be starting him in place of Lawrence, if he's fit enough.

Marriott needs a scruffy, shinner/shoulder goal. He gets in all the right positions, just can't apply the finish. It'll come.

Archived