Hull (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

Derby blood

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, rammieib said:

Anyone know for sure we can buy on the day?

This doesn’t help necessarily but as a rough guideline, I think they’ll do anything to get fans at the match. They’re shutting 2 of 4 stands apparently and the main stand upper tier hasn’t been open for 2 years.

With good reason, the fans are in increasing meltdown and turning up in decreasing numbers each week. Losing to Stoke the latest upset. Great time to play em but (if we could have 1 result) I’d rather lose tomorrow and make em pay for it on Saturday. My fear is they beat us and get their confidence back. That said, we’ll probably have 2 different line ups and the performances will have little resemblance. Sod it; go for the jugular in both games. Win-win. Do the double!

I hope that there will be no cariboo ING in these to Hull games. 

Friday night. Is Leeds v Boro. 

If they draw and we beat Hull we will be two points adrift of top spot going into the break. If either team wins then we will be one point off second place if we beat Hull in League. 

If it rains at 9.27am then you may get wet. If, If, If....... 

Tough call. I was hoping Huddlestone wouldn't be ready, as that might have persuaded Lampard to bring Thorne back into the fold and maybe give him a go. But I can't see it now as his priority will be to get big Tom up to speed for the weekend.

The game is a chance to give neglected new boys Holmes, Waghorn, Marriott and Josefzoon more game time, and I'd expect all to start. I reckon Lampard's team will be (with six changes in bold?

Carson

Wisdom     Keogh     Tomori     Lowe

Johnson

Holmes          Mount

Josefzoon       Marriott       Waghorn

Bench: Roos   Bird     Forsyth   Huddlestone    Lawrence     Bryson    Sibley/Elsnik

Though I'm pretty sure I've forgotten someone (but this is intentionally giving Nuge a rest after playing the full match at the weekend)! This is the defining game for whether the likes of Thorne, Martin, Pearce. Butterfield, Jerome, Anya have any chance of making it into Lampard's thoughts. I'd be pretty certain they don't, and after Tuesday we'll see some loan deals done, one of them being Thorne to QPR.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Tough call. I was hoping Huddlestone wouldn't be ready, as that might have persuaded Lampard to bring Thorne back into the fold and maybe give him a go. But I can't see it now as his priority will be to get big Tom up to speed for the weekend.

The game is a chance to give neglected new boys Holmes, Waghorn, Marriott and Josefzoon more game time, and I'd expect all to start. I reckon Lampard's team will be (with six changes in bold?

Carson

Wisdom     Keogh     Tomori     Lowe

Johnson

Holmes          Mount

Josefzoon       Marriott       Waghorn

Bench: Roos   Bird     Forsyth   Huddlestone    Lawrence     Bryson    Sibley/Elsnik

Though I'm pretty sure I've forgotten someone (but this is intentionally giving Nuge a rest after playing the full match at the weekend)! This is the defining game for whether the likes of Thorne, Martin, Pearce. Butterfield, Jerome, Anya have any chance of making it into Lampard's thoughts. I'd be pretty certain they don't, and after Tuesday we'll see some loan deals done, one of them being Thorne to QPR.

Is Thorne to QPR being talked about anywhere by journo’s etc in the know, or just because SM and Thorne have history?

I’d really like to see George come good for us after such a great start and then a string of bad luck. Would be amazing for him to glue the 4-3-3 together and make a successful come back. ?

It's come at a good time for Malone & Huddlestone who both seem like they will be fit to play. 

Carson

Wisdom                      Keogh                   Tomori                   Malone

Huddlestone

Elsnik                                    Holmes

Waghorn                                                                           Jozefzoon

Marriott

I wouldn't see Ledley, Bryson or Johnson instead of Elsnik, perhaps even Bird. Holmes, Waghorn, Marriott & Jozefzoon all need to play, but how they fit them all in, I don't know. 

Carson 

wisdom keogh tomori Malone 

thorne 

holmes Mount 

Flojo Marriott Bennett 

subs: Roos Pearce foz huddlestone johnson Lawrence Waggy

same team roughly as Oldham but with Thorne and Holmes in for Evans and Johnson. 

Perfect time to see if Thorne is up to it for the first team after a few under 23 appearances. Huddlestone and Johnson on the bench for some security. Holmes for his first start. 

32 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Carson 

wisdom keogh tomori Malone 

thorne 

holmes Mount 

Flojo Marriott Bennett 

subs: Roos Pearce foz huddlestone johnson Lawrence Waggy

same team roughly as Oldham but with Thorne and Holmes in for Evans and Johnson. 

Perfect time to see if Thorne is up to it for the first team after a few under 23 appearances. Huddlestone and Johnson on the bench for some security. Holmes for his first start. 

Don't think Holmes is a central midfielder, more where you have Flojo or Bennett.....

I think there will be changes but not too many - We only made a few against Oldham and that was in round 1 - Frank wants to have a good cup run its good for morale and the club we also have a big chance of going through and playing someone big in next round.

Carson

Wisdom       Keogh       Tomori      Lowe

Huddlestone

Johnson               Mount

Jozefzoon                                     Waghorn

Marriott        

Archived