Thanks Guys!

One Andy Weimann

7 minutes ago, One Andy Weimann said:

No expectation of bitterness or anything else. Per my original post I wanted some thoughts on Lampard and Weimann. Most have been gracious and I think that’s fair. 

Plenty of visitors go on OTIB, some should try it

Besides the goals how has he been doing? He didn't have the greatest control most the time and he used to avoid physical contact when dribbling because he's so weak. So he used to kind of go the long way around things. He was a bit like a skittish puppy. He was liked enough and he recovered many hopeless balls and turned them into a opportunities when everyone else had given up. 

I just wondered how he is playing between the goals. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, One Andy Weimann said:

No expectation of bitterness or anything else. Per my original post I wanted some thoughts on Lampard and Weimann. Most have been gracious and I think that’s fair. 

Mate, all bar one post are either gracious or in jest. Lighten up. The lad's doing well for you, all good. He worked really hard here and was popular amongst the players but technically he was really poor. I think most folk will be surprised to see him doing well but the Villa mob did tell us he needed to be played through the middle and he'd not be getting games here in that position. It's really as simple as that ?

7 minutes ago, One Andy Weimann said:

I like Lampards way of playing football. It is getting better evey game. Weimann always gave 110% I am surprised at the amount of goals he has scored but I am really pleased you are happy with your purchase from us. May be you could come back for Butterfield at a slightly higher fee.

39 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Wonder how many more smug Bristol City fans will come on here expecting us to be bitter about selling him, only to be met with absolute indifference. 

Pleased for the bloke, but he could smash in 30 goals this season and I don’t think any Derby fans would want him back.

Tough to say no Derby fans would want him back,  i must be in a minority,  i'd have let quite a few others go before i let him go, feel free to seek out any more 'bargains' in our basement, @One Andy Weimann you never know you might strike it lucky again...

2 hours ago, One Andy Weimann said:

Congrats on your season so far.

Whats the thoughts on Mr Lampard up until now

As a Bristol City fan Andreas Weimann has hit the ground running. Divisions Leading scorer for a snip by current standards. Why did you sell him?

Inconsistency and lack of end product mainly. Nice to see he's rectified the latter early on but the first may still prove to be an issue. Wonderful to see him doing well though, seems a top bloke who always gave 100%, wish him all the best

As i've said before, he was one of our better players last season. 

But we are changing style. No longer reliant on pure pace. 

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Besides the goals how has he been doing? He didn't have the greatest control most the time and he used to avoid physical contact when dribbling because he's so weak. So he used to kind of go the long way around things. He was a bit like a skittish puppy. He was liked enough and he recovered many hopeless balls and turned them into a opportunities when everyone else had given up. 

I just wondered how he is playing between the goals. 

He is being played as an out and out forward. We have wingers (plenty of them too) but the lad seems to work well with through balls into his feet. He likes to roll defenders and in doing so Pack is finding him with passes in shooting positions with the defender on the wrong side. What anyone will tell you right now at our place is ‘it’s his movement’ that is the most obvious ability, he telegraphs what he is going to do with his back to goal so its easy to play a ball that’s going to hurt defenses as the defender cant see it.

He runs. He has an engine and brings players in. His goal today after about 25 seconds was a very ‘cakey’ finish, but he had won the ball played it to the winger who rolled it in to the danger zone and Weimann was already there.

His control has looked decent, I certainly have not noticed anything bouncing off him, but as I say some of the passes have been intricate and he hasn’t been asked to control much hit at him hard, so I guess time will tell with that one.

Interesting one with the skittish puppy. He is chasing lost causes don’t get me wrong, but his task is get on the end of it, so I guess he can be focused on what is required.

Still early days, but this is completely unexpected. Villa fans came on and said you have got a great player for peanuts...Hope they remain right

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Mate, all bar one post are either gracious or in jest. Lighten up. The lad's doing well for you, all good. He worked really hard here and was popular amongst the players but technically he was really poor. I think most folk will be surprised to see him doing well but the Villa mob did tell us he needed to be played through the middle and he'd not be getting games here in that position. It's really as simple as that ?

Mmmm.  However I just wonder if technically he was poor for what Derby were asking him to do. We have a poo load of wingers so he wont be asked to go wide unless there is a crisis of biblical proportions.

Yes I guess he had a lot of players in front of him at Derby in the last couple of seasons as a forward that’s a fact. What do County buy him as?

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I like Lampards way of playing football. It is getting better evey game. Weimann always gave 110% I am surprised at the amount of goals he has scored but I am really pleased you are happy with your purchase from us. May be you could come back for Butterfield at a slightly higher fee.

City are owned by Steve Lansdown (Hargreaves Lansdown for people who know about these things) SL is one of the richest men in the country (worth in excess of a couple of Billion and getting richer by the day) and pretty much rebuilt the ground and the bought every sports team in Bristol except Bristol Rovers LOL! As such they are soon going to be building a whole indoor sports complex at AG. He is following the Barcelona model. 

However he will bank role within what he considers a good deal. City approached Chelsea to bring back Abraham but they said his wages were 55k a week, so SL said no thanks. But there is a relationship with Chelsea that many thought may be spoiled by your guy, nevertheless we now have Kalas plus there star u21 defender (4 FA youth cup medals so he is talented). Thanks for the offer for butter field but I think we will pass. 

We are potentially are good team (we beat four premier league teams last season including Man U) but fell away as the depth was not there. Many City fans will tell you that cost us Reid Magnusson Bryan and Flint, but that yielded shed loads of cash so there is money that doesn’t need to come out of SLs bank account.

Next week our first choice Centre forward is back so fingers crossed for a little more.

Anyway if you are still reading that’s us in a nutshell 

8 minutes ago, One Andy Weimann said:

Yes I guess he had a lot of players in front of him at Derby in the last couple of seasons as a forward that’s a fact. What do County buy him as?

Fooked if I know. We do have a rather dubious recent history of 're-purposed wingers'. We seem to be a lot better stocked in that department this year but it's been a long time coming.

I am surprised he's doing so well.  Always felt he wasn't much better than what some of our young lads could show such as Thomas and Bennett. 

Not jealous at all still think it's a good sale because I think he wouldn't even make our Bench. 

But clearly it's a good buy. Bristols style suits him and he is far more effective down the middle. 

So a Good move for all parties! I am sure bristol city hope he can carry on and not fall into the background.

Weimann is a typical fast workhorse. Bound to do well in smaller teams or with counter-attacking tactics and struggle when big boys start to play football. That's why he was sold, unable to keep hold of the ball.

Not surprised he has started well for Bristol. He might go on and score even over 10 goals this season.

10 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Weimann is a typical fast workhorse. Bound to do well in smaller teams or with counter-attacking tactics and struggle when big boys start to play football. That's why he was sold, unable to keep hold of the ball.

Not surprised he has started well for Bristol. He might go on and score even over 10 goals this season.

No need.

I’m glad you didn’t also take Johnson and Butterfield, they’re better players and I’m relieved your gaffer over looked them and went for the Weimann option,

Dont tell anyone at Bristol will you? We don’t want to lose them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/08/2018 at 19:36, Parsnip said:

Thanks for your input ?

Lampard's doing great - big name for a big club. Perfectly suited.

Similar situation with Wiemann, at Bristol he's a big fish in a little pond and he's thriving. He's never gonna be good enough for a big ambitious club like Derby but for you guys he's great and I'm really pleased for him and you. 

Good luck this season, I hope Andi gets 20 goals and secures you a top 10 finish x

Big fish in a little pond? 3rd from top and have put last seasons weakness right. Sheffield United are a very gooyside, did you see what they did to Villa?

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I knew we were right to sell him.

?

Hmm

On 27/08/2018 at 12:47, Boycie said:

I’m glad you didn’t also take Johnson and Butterfield, they’re better players and I’m relieved your gaffer over looked them and went for the Weimann option,

Dont tell anyone at Bristol will you? We don’t want to lose them.

2 out of 3 correct, not bad.

Archived