Thanks Guys!

One Andy Weimann

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, One Andy Weimann said:

Congrats on your season so far.

Whats the thoughts on Mr Lampard up until now

As a Bristol City fan Andreas Weimann has hit the ground running. Divisions Leading scorer for a snip by current standards. Why did you sell him?

Lampard is doing fine. Bringing through young players and is trying to play attacking football. It's a nice change from Rowett. 

We sold Weimman because he was in the last year of his contract and hadn't ever really reached the heights we expected of him. Admittedly he'd have probably done better if given a chance through the middle, but we've had Martin and Vydra there during Weimann's time and they both scored goals for fun when at their best so he was never likely to get in ahead of them 

We're all very happy to see him doing well because he's a nice lad who gave his all here. Here's a thread on him where another Bristol City fan decided to come on and tell us how he's doing:

8 minutes ago, One Andy Weimann said:

As a Bristol City fan Andreas Weimann has hit the ground running. Divisions Leading scorer for a snip by current standards. Why did you sell him?

Because we played him as a winger and he was fast but no end product. We are pleased for him and for you. ?

10 minutes ago, One Andy Weimann said:

Always gave his all but was never good enough. Different players suit different styles, seems like we made a mistake not trying him through the middle but hey ho. Glad to see him doing well. 

8 minutes ago, One Andy Weimann said:

We sold him and Vydra and spent the money on 2 blokes to sit on our bench. He was treated badly here. He’s a great footballer, at this level, if used properly. Hope he does well for you 

8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Lampard is doing fine. Bringing through young players and is trying to play attacking football. It's a nice change from Rowett. 

We sold Weimman because he was in the last year of his contract and hadn't ever really reached the heights we expected of him. Admittedly he'd have probably done better if given a chance through the middle, but we've had Martin and Vydra there during Weimann's time and they both scored goals for fun when at their best so he was never likely to get in ahead of them 

We're all very happy to see him doing well because he's a nice lad who gave his all here. Here's a thread on him where another Bristol City fan decided to come on and tell us how he's doing:

I’d expect see a few more of those if this continues Cam!

The blokes movement is second to none in this league you just have to find the pass/player that can hit him. However its a funny old game and it may not last, but for now he looks like a real class act!

Thought £2m was a good fee for him, still do. Never really got off and running here, he worked hard but the end product was lacking.

What he does elsewhere is irrelevant to be honest, just because he's scoring for Bristol City doesn't mean he'd produce that if he stayed here. Norwich were probably gutted they let Chris Martin go on a free only for him to score 20 two seasons in a row. Would he have scored the same if he stayed there? Who knows, but probably not.

Glad he's doing well, and that the deal has worked out for all parties. There just seems to be a few fans coming here to rub our noses in the fact he's doing well, when the reality is most Derby fans probably don't really care all that much that he left the club.

10 minutes ago, Doodle said:

We sold him and Vydra and spent the money on 2 blokes to sit on our bench. He was treated badly here. He’s a great footballer, at this level, if used properly. Hope he does well for you 

Come on mate, no need to brown nose. 

4 minutes ago, One Andy Weimann said:

I’d expect see a few more of those if this continues Cam!

The blokes movement is second to none in this league you just have to find the pass/player that can hit him. However its a funny old game and it may not last, but for now he looks like a real class act!

Not surprised to see him doing well because Johnson, although I don't rate him very highly as a manager, seems to have a knack of getting strikers scoring plenty. I mean, last year he got a centre mid up in the top 3 scorers using him as a striker ?

I hope it continues for him, but I'm slightly worried it might end up like it did here. He was signed and started well and there was so much expectation, but by his 2nd/3rd year for us he'd just seemed to have lost all confidence and was regularly mucking up good chances through poor finishing or choosing the wrong pass. That might not be all down to him though. He's been mucked about a bit with different managers wanting different things. Clement signed him and to be honest, I don't know what he wanted us to do. Then Wassall took over for half a season and wanted to play possession football to an extent. Next came Pearson who wanted counter attacking football and that was a disaster. Then in came McClaren for a few months and we went back to possession based football. And finally in came Rowett who wanted us just play not to lose. So as you can see, poor Andi probably didn't have a clue what was expected from him half the time. With you it looks like he'll be playing under the same manager for a long period of time so can get used to what is required from him

32 minutes ago, One Andy Weimann said:

Thanks for your input ?

Lampard's doing great - big name for a big club. Perfectly suited.

Similar situation with Wiemann, at Bristol he's a big fish in a little pond and he's thriving. He's never gonna be good enough for a big ambitious club like Derby but for you guys he's great and I'm really pleased for him and you. 

Good luck this season, I hope Andi gets 20 goals and secures you a top 10 finish x

We sold him because he skipped around like a gazelle and looked like it was a huge effort just to get the ball under control.

He was a bit crap.

Just because he's started the season well for Bristol it doesn't mean he was going to do well for us. We had him for 3 years.

Lampard has an excellent philosophy that I really hope succeeds here, the style of football he wants us playing is one of the best about and I really hope he can pull it off. Must admit to still having some concerns over his seeming neglect of a defensive mid and of our defensive shape at times, tho latter fears have eased slightly this week. Just hope he can get the team linking togthere better than it has been at times, may just take time to get everyone on the same wavelength. He’s certainly started decently results wise tho, Millwall and the leeds hammering apart.

As for Weimann I’ve always said he was underrated here. Feel some people could never take to him because he wasn’t one of mcclaren/ Cloughs original men, as has been the case for a few players here imo. He has excellent movement as alluded to, but to get the best out of him he needs to be upfront. The sheer number of players we have upfront and the fact his end product isn’t that great at times justified his sale, but he’s by no means a bad player as some on here may have suggested when he moved.

Pleased for AW . He’s a player who is on a level between Premiership and Championship. I don’t think Derby ever got the best out of him, but that was down to playing him out of position mainly. Hope is does well for Brizzle City, I like the style LJ plays , but unfortunately can’t see any team from Bristol being promoted soon.

Wonder how many more smug Bristol City fans will come on here expecting us to be bitter about selling him, only to be met with absolute indifference. 

Pleased for the bloke, but he could smash in 30 goals this season and I don’t think any Derby fans would want him back.

20 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Wonder how many more smug Bristol City fans will come on here expecting us to be bitter about selling him, only to be met with absolute indifference. 

Pleased for the bloke, but he could smash in 30 goals this season and I don’t think any Derby fans would want him back.

Yeah I'm not sure what they expected when they signed up. Never felt like signing up to another forum to brag about Vydra finishing top scorer. 

But hey, the seem sound enough. 

Everyone's happy. 

Apart from Karanka.

That's sad

?

28 minutes ago, cosmic said:

No expectation of bitterness or anything else. Per my original post I wanted some thoughts on Lampard and Weimann. Most have been gracious and I think that’s fair. 

Plenty of visitors go on OTIB, some should try it

Archived