Andreas Weimann

swanker

Bristol City fan here. Just to let you know that Weimann is is going down a storm here in Bristol. We didn’t think we’d find a replacement for Bobby Reid but we did and for a snip. He’s playing main stricker and scored four goals already. 

Wait until we’ve got all our players fit, Andreas will finish one of the Championships top scorers. 

Tell Lampard “ Thanks very much”

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, swanker said:

Bristol City fan here. Just to let you know that Weimann is is going down a storm here in Bristol. We didn’t think we’d find a replacement for Bobby Reid but we did and for a snip. He’s playing main stricker and scored four goals already. 

Wait until we’ve got all our players fit, Andreas will finish one of the Championships top scorers. 

Tell Lampard “ Thanks very much”

Have you misspelt your user name?.

On 15/06/2018 at 13:06, cannable said:

He’s your typical awful Championship player who could quite easily score 20-25  goals a season just from the sheer number of times he’s in a good position. 

?

Not sure why the need to brag though, he’s an awful footballer in the purest sense. We don’t play with two strikers and we also want players who are comfortable on the ball.

He's started well, but he's had a generous start and his goals have been against certain relegation strugglers... Forest, Bolton & QPR. Exactly as stated, I doubt anyone would begrudge him success, but if he was here there's not a cat in hell's chance he would have been on 4 goals. In fact, he'd have probably been sat next to Butterfield & Martin last night. 

All the best to the bloke. 

He has said all along he's a wide man, likes to play in the centre but managers have kept playing him out wide. Why? Most of the time they have failed to bring in natural wide players and your Weimann's and Johnny Russell's will put a shift in wherever you play them, no complaining, no whining. 

It's credit to them to be honest and possibly why they are also generally liked by the fans as players, pretty sure this topic was a little poke to wind us up, but as you can see nothing but well wishes for Andi.

Johnson has given him that central role at Bristol City and now reaping the rewards, it's real surprise to see him doing well, ok, I don't think anyone would have predicted 4 goals already but he's more than capable of hitting double figures. 

His workrate and movement will always cause defenders problems and whilst he's not the quickest player on the pitch he's no slouch either, for a couple of million, quite a bargain. I do hope we slipped a cheeky sell on fee in there.

Slightly disappointed we didn't try him in a central role, but with a year left on his deal I can understand why we took the money, had it failed we have an asset leaving for free or we're renewing his contract when we have better wide men on the books.

I do hope he stubs a toe before we play them, nothing too serious just keeps him out of action for one afternoon.

Not seen any of his goals, but wondering how many of them were “right place right time”, rather than any individual flashes of genius, skill, or technique. 

Good luck to the bloke, but as others have said, not missing him one bit. 

I'm very happy to see Andi doing well, but it's ridiculous that he's being credited with that first goal ?

And what players aren't fit for you? Smith, Adelakun (unproven) and Diedhiou (suspended)? You make it sound like you're missing half a team. And the first two will miss around half the season at least anyway, so Andi will be waiting a while for those two to help him with the goals

46 minutes ago, David said:

He has said all along he's a wide man, likes to play in the centre but managers have kept playing him out wide. Why? Most of the time they have failed to bring in natural wide players and your Weimann's and Johnny Russell's will put a shift in wherever you play them, no complaining, no whining. 

It's credit to them to be honest and possibly why they are also generally liked by the fans as players, pretty sure this topic was a little poke to wind us up, but as you can see nothing but well wishes for Andi.

Johnson has given him that central role at Bristol City and now reaping the rewards, it's real surprise to see him doing well, ok, I don't think anyone would have predicted 4 goals already but he's more than capable of hitting double figures. 

His workrate and movement will always cause defenders problems and whilst he's not the quickest player on the pitch he's no slouch either, for a couple of million, quite a bargain. I do hope we slipped a cheeky sell on fee in there.

Slightly disappointed we didn't try him in a central role, but with a year left on his deal I can understand why we took the money, had it failed we have an asset leaving for free or we're renewing his contract when we have better wide men on the books.

I do hope he stubs a toe before we play them, nothing too serious just keeps him out of action for one afternoon.

Probably same as what will happen to mason. They’d all rather play in the centre, it’s where the glory is, and you can get away with a bit less tracking back. But there you’ve got one job to do, stick the ball in the back of the net. And if you’re not consistent enough at doing that, there’s a lot of competition for that position that will be itching for their chance. So you’re better off working on your crossing and carving out a career as a winger. I’m sure mason would love to be tried in the centre on a regular basis, but he’s a long way down the pecking order in that position. 

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'm very happy to see Andi d

And what players aren't fit for you? Smith, Adelakun (unproven) and Diedhiou (suspended)? You make it sound like you're missing half a team. And the first two will miss around half the season at least anyway, so Andi will be waiting a while for those two to help him with the goals

Adam Baker, Bailey Wright and Frankie Fielding as well  

We’ve even had right backs playing left back. All hands to the pump at the moment. 

In all honesty though we’ll be fortunate to finish in the top half of the table. 

Weimanns been a breath of fresh air at the moment. Seems Johnson is hoping he can mold him to fill Reads boots. The fans love him!

3 hours ago, swanker said:

We didn’t think we’d find a replacement for Bobby Reid but we did and for a snip. He’s playing main stricker and scored four goals already

I liked Andi and wish him well. But he's not your replacement. If you're expecting him to keep up this goals 2 games ratio then you'll be disappointed. You've had Abraham then Reid... Wiemann is not the continuation.

42 minutes ago, swanker said:

Adam Baker, Bailey Wright and Frankie Fielding as well  

We’ve even had right backs playing left back. All hands to the pump at the moment. 

In all honesty though we’ll be fortunate to finish in the top half of the table. 

Weimanns been a breath of fresh air at the moment. Seems Johnson is hoping he can mold him to fill Reads boots. The fans love him!

The fans loved him here for the majority of the time, he'd always work his socks off but out wide he struggled quite a bit unfortunately. He's quite clearly better through the middle but we've had Martin and Vydra there over recent years so he never really got a chance to show what he could do

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

The fans loved him here for the majority of the time, he'd always work his socks off but out wide he struggled quite a bit unfortunately. He's quite clearly better through the middle but we've had Martin and Vydra there over recent years so he never really got a chance to show what he could do

Actually he reminds me a bit of Vydra, who hasn’t looked great when I’ve seen him (not that often, it’s true). 

He bustles about, harries defenders and has been in the right place at the right time to get poachers goals. Just what you need really. Surprised you didn’t try him there. I’m not expecting solo worldies.

ANOTHER Bristol City fan here, excuse the comments from the OP, we all have fans like that..

Only joined to 'apologise' for the other fan but after reading the thread I'm surprised at the view on his lack of movement/work rate centrally. It's only one goal and I'm sure he won't keep up his ratio so far but what most City fans have fell in love with so far is his great movement and 'strikers instincts'. I'm unsure how he was for you but in the video attached this is what he's shown so far for us, he starts and finishes the move. I know he was played out wide for you but did he not show this for you? Seems like this fresh change is exactly what was needed.

Archived