Pride Park Pies Price

FindernRam

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Aren't you lot worried about scammers pressing against you and scanning your cards - have the Ramtique got one of those aluminium sleeves to protect your credit card?

They would have to carry a till reader device into the concourse and actually press it up to a certain part of my phone for it to work and even then hope that I don't hear/see the transaction take place and chin them,lol.

(Plus they will need my fingerprint on the phone to unlock it)

Paying with your phone is a lot more secure than a contactless card basically.

10 hours ago, David said:

It’s 2018! 

Anyone not paying by Apple Pay for small transactions should be castrated.

ATM’s are going the same way as the BT Payphones, get with the times!

10 hours ago, angieram said:

I don't use apple pay but I do use a card for small transactions now that contactless is here - it's easy and I don't get charged for it so why wouldn't I? Saves me keep having to go to cash machines to take notes out of the bank.

I particularly use it at football (away matches) as there's always a smaller queue - or no queue!

7 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Exactly...

I use Google pay for just about everything less than £30 nowadays....esp pies?

I remember going to crowded pubs in my youth and waiting ages while bar staff disappeared hunting for change, sometimes struggling when they ran out of pound notes. Nowadays it's amazing that with a quick tap payment's made and they're onto the next customer. 

As David says, cash will soon be a thing of the past (just as businesses are no longer required to accept cheques) and ATMs a nostalgic memory, which will be tough for some but to remain part of society we all have to be futurists. 

Has there been a moan about the Millwall half time drink service yet?  If not we should start one - one Poretti beer pump for the whole kiosk, queued for the whole of the second half and moved about two places down before giving up and returning to seat.  Worst I've ever seen. Pre-match wasn't much better (they ran out of lager, somehow) so I had to neck a warm bitter.

1 hour ago, robglosta said:

Has there been a moan about the Millwall half time drink service yet?  If not we should start one - one Poretti beer pump for the whole kiosk, queued for the whole of the second half and moved about two places down before giving up and returning to seat.  Worst I've ever seen. Pre-match wasn't much better (they ran out of lager, somehow) so I had to neck a warm bitter.

Stop moaning, I've never moaned in a football stadium concourse before

39 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Card far more dangerouse than cash even chip and pin no longer safe.

Not true. Why is C&P ‘no longer safe’?

Cards are fine and you're protected by Visa / MasterCard regulation against fraudulent transactions.

If someone nicks your cash, no-one reimburses you.

On 22/08/2018 at 10:50, FindernRam said:

I was sort of joking in an earlier thread when I asked about the price of pies.

Imagine my shock when last night they wouldn't take cash! Its so bad you have to use a credit card!!!!!!!?

You can pay using any card, not only a credit card, and Apple Pay etc. Not many people carry a lot of cash with them nowadays and prefer contactless 

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Card far more dangerouse than cash even chip and pin no longer safe.

Agree.

Who needs banks anyway

100604636-80996326-eadc-4ed2-b267-d4370a

As the price of a pie thread is now the pay without cash thread I'll make the most of it and get a few queries out there. I'll be over for the Brentford game with a couple of friends (some of you may remember me asking about possible date changes so as not to book flights etc - well, we took the risk ☺️). The others were wondering how much cash to take, I'm not too worried about taking too much because hopefully I will get plenty of chances to use it later. I thought that cash would be necessary to pay in pubs and for fast food but reading this thread it appears that most places, including pubs, take card payment. They want the full football experience, going into the more frequented pre-match pubs etc. So the question is, would they be better off taking less cash and using credit cards wherever possible, even for small transactions such as a couple of pints? I'll open up my original thread to ask about best pubs etc. Thanks I'd advance @richinspain soon to be for one weekend only @richinderby.

6 minutes ago, richinspain said:

As the price of a pie thread is now the pay without cash thread I'll make the most of it and get a few queries out there. I'll be over for the Brentford game with a couple of friends (some of you may remember me asking about possible date changes so as not to book flights etc - well, we took the risk ☺️). The others were wondering how much cash to take, I'm not too worried about taking too much because hopefully I will get plenty of chances to use it later. I thought that cash would be necessary to pay in pubs and for fast food but reading this thread it appears that most places, including pubs, take card payment. They want the full football experience, going into the more frequented pre-match pubs etc. So the question is, would they be better off taking less cash and using credit cards wherever possible, even for small transactions such as a couple of pints? I'll open up my original thread to ask about best pubs etc. Thanks I'd advance @richinspain soon to be for one weekend only @richinderby.

Depends if the cards are fee free for foreign use, most aren't, especially not debit cards.

Check with your bank first, but I wouldn't be surprised if the fees for using a card abroad are as much as the cost of buying a pint with it.

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Depends if the cards are fee free for foreign use, most aren't, especially not debit cards.

Check with your bank first, but I wouldn't be surprised if the fees for using a card abroad are as much as the cost of buying a pint with it.

I normally use my visa when I'm over there to pay in supermarkets etc and I don't think I've been charged anything other than the exchange rate.

16 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I normally use my visa when I'm over there to pay in supermarkets etc and I don't think I've been charged anything other than the exchange rate.

We've got 2 cards that are likewise, but when we used our debit card to withdraw 10e to spend at the beach NatWest charged us £2.10 in extra charges! Lesson soon learned.

Archived