Ipswich ticket price! £27.50

DCFC27

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are meals in restaurants cheaper midweek?

Is beer cheaper in the pubs midweek?

Football is over priced full stop. But I don't see why midweek matches should be any cheaper. You're going to sit in the same seat and you're going to watch the same players.

I've seen nothing to suggest that the more fans we have in the ground the better our support is. 

I'm sure the club have done their homework and know what the optimum pricing is for matches. 

And let's not forget that we are all really concerned about FFP and Mel Morris running the club responsibly, so surely maximising revenue is important? 

I think it's disgraceful that any Championship club charges more than £20 for any match but unfortunately it has been the norm for a very long time and I'm surprised that a price or £27-50 has raised any eyebrows.

It’s more a case of supply and demand - on a tuesday attendances are lower fact. Also Ipswich are a very mid lane club, “Derby vs Ipswich Tuesday night” it doesn’t sound unmissable does it?  So with the demand down and the supply there - the price invariably should come down. 

Now on to your point about restaurants and pubs. Well how many restaurants do you see put a themed day deals on? like pie and pint or two for tuesdays, early bird special, during the quieter parts of the week.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MuespachRam said:

You must be thankful that we lost to Fulham in the play offs because their fans are currently paying a minimum of 45 to see them play Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Huddersfield, Brighton, Cardiff etc etc etc...

oh the Premiershite....the dreamland...

Properly unjustifiable up there too.

Thing about ticket prices in our league is that attendance revenue is hugely important to us, and financially competing is necessary for success.

Ticket prices are, as has been shown recently, basically irrelevant to PL income. I'd like to see us bring prices down to a tiny figure if we got promoted, assuming some ridiculous minimum isn't imposed by the league.

11 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

It’s more a case of supply and demand - on a tuesday attendances are lower fact. Also Ipswich are a very mid lane club, “Derby vs Ipswich Tuesday night” it doesn’t sound unmissable does it?  So with the demand down and the supply there - the price invariably should come down. 

Now on to your point about restaurants and pubs. Well how many restaurants do you see put a themed day deals on? like pie and pint or two for tuesdays, early bird special, during the quieter parts of the week.

I'm of the understanding that  £27-50 is considerably less than we would charge for the 'more attractive' fixtures.

I don't actually have evidence of that but seem to remember people mentioning tickets in excess of  £40 for matches last season. 

Do correct me if I'm wrong.

10 hours ago, rammieib said:

We will be back to 25,000 I reckon on Tuesday.

Limited away fans, Tuesday, Sky, Crap results, and stupid price.

Agreed that £20 for any Category of seat should be the price but from a business perspective, don't think the attendance would be too dissimilar if it was £20 or £27 so revenue (not fan support) more important.

Little unkind to describe Ipswich fans as limited, however true it may be 

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm of the understanding that  £27-50 is considerably less than we would charge for the 'more attractive' fixtures.

I don't actually have evidence of that but seem to remember people mentioning tickets in excess of  £40 for matches last season. 

Do correct me if I'm wrong.

I went to most home games last season, they were slightly cheaper for games like this if I recall rightly more like £22-24 for games like this. The most expensive games such as Forest wasn’t more than £32-34. 

I watched Leeds that was £31-50 and bought ticket for £27-50 for Ipswich.  Leeds - Lampards first game at home - you can understand it somewhat.

For me I’d consider Ipswich on a Tueday amongst the least desirable games to go and watch but I just want to watch them all anyway. I feel this is probably the bottom line for pricing this season and it’s quite pricey. 

I know the club can’t afford to every week but one of the best atmospheres last year was Cardiff at home - there was a lot of build up before of course but it also coincided with £10 tickets and a fairly full stadium. 

“Ten pound Tuesdays” does have a ring to it... 

2 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Fair enough.

The way we watch Football has moved on significantly over the past season, never mind since GSE were in charge. 

It is getting harder and harder to attract the floating fans when some have become accustomed to watching Jeff Stelling and checking their coupons / fantasy football teams instantaneously down the pub. 

The way clubs have been dishing out transfers fees and wages with no regard to their income have given the impression that every penny doesn't count. 

It's not just Derby's problem. Football is going to miss out on the current 20 - 25 year old generation if they are not careful. 

Brilliantly put. 

If we can afford to spend £6m and £20-30k a week on Johnson...raise Chris Martin's contract and not play him etc...it makes me feel less guilty if I sometimes choose to spend £7 to watch a game in the comfort of my home with the kids. Instead of £30 on petrol, £60+ for tickets, and then parking, food etc etc.

1 hour ago, DcfcJB said:

I went to most home games last season, they were slightly cheaper for games like this if I recall rightly more like £22-24 for games like this. The most expensive games such as Forest wasn’t more than £32-34. 

I watched Leeds that was £31-50 and bought ticket for £27-50 for Ipswich.  Leeds - Lampards first game at home - you can understand it somewhat.

For me I’d consider Ipswich on a Tueday amongst the least desirable games to go and watch but I just want to watch them all anyway. I feel this is probably the bottom line for pricing this season and it’s quite pricey. 

I know the club can’t afford to every week but one of the best atmospheres last year was Cardiff at home - there was a lot of build up before of course but it also coincided with £10 tickets and a fairly full stadium. 

“Ten pound Tuesdays” does have a ring to it... 

I think that game against Cardiff was unique, it was all about Warnock and snowgate. 

22 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Brilliantly put. 

If we can afford to spend £6m and £20-30k a week on Johnson...raise Chris Martin's contract and not play him etc...it makes me feel less guilty if I sometimes choose to spend £7 to watch a game in the comfort of my home with the kids. Instead of £30 on petrol, £60+ for tickets, and then parking, food etc etc.

But if Derby dropped the prices to £20 and had to buy lower league players and academy products and struggle in the league you would turn up every week?

Obviously that comment is not aimed at you personally just a general point but I remember what happened to the attendances last time we had a manager with tight transfer and wage budgets...

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But if Derby dropped the prices to £20 and had to buy lower league players and academy products and struggle in the league you would turn up every week?

Obviously that comment is not aimed at you personally just a general point but I remember what happened to the attendances last time we had a manager with tight transfer and wage budgets...

Not necessarily....but I would definitely feel more it was a two way relationship where we are both giving and taking what is 'fair'. And as essentially it is a weird lifelong thing, that matters to me.

Just now, Chester40 said:

Not necessarily....but I would definitely feel more it was a two way relationship where we are both giving and taking what is 'fair'. And as essentially it is a weird lifelong thing, that matters to me.

That's fair enough. 

I just remember a time where a lot of fans were moaning because we could only afford Barker type fees and a bottom 6 wage budget! 

24 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I think that game against Cardiff was unique, it was all about Warnock and snowgate. 

Yeah I referenced it in my comment but, we had sold most of our tickets out prior to the first game being cancelled. Though they were second and we were in top 6 so should always be a good game

Over the course of one season, if the club dropped pay on the day ticket prices to £20 I imagine something like:

23 games x £30 x 6000 paying fans (Home and away - this is based on an average of about 27-28,000 fans)

Total - £4.1 Million

23 games x £20 x 7500 paying fans (I've assumed an average increase of 1500 based on the lower ticket prices)

Total - £3.45 Million.

Extra commercial revenue could be offset by additional costs (Policing etc) so lets ignore than for now as well as VAT contributions.

So a fuller stadium, better atmosphere, for the sake of £600k a year.

Honestly, I would have thought that's a none-brainer and although this comment can come across as arrogant, but our owner has definitely shown he's prepared to put his hand in his pocket and back his manager so therefore, does the extra £600k make a huge difference compared to the benefit it could subtlely bring. Better atmospheres based on larger crowd numbers (Home and away fans) definitely improve the match day experience for fans and players alike.

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Over the course of one season, if the club dropped pay on the day ticket prices to £20 I imagine something like:

23 games x £30 x 6000 paying fans (Home and away - this is based on an average of about 27-28,000 fans)

Total - £4.1 Million

23 games x £20 x 7500 paying fans (I've assumed an average increase of 1500 based on the lower ticket prices)

Total - £3.45 Million.

Extra commercial revenue could be offset by additional costs (Policing etc) so lets ignore than for now as well as VAT contributions.

So a fuller stadium, More booing, for the sake of £600k a year.

Honestly, I would have thought that's a none-brainer and although this comment can come across as arrogant, but our owner has definitely shown he's prepared to put his hand in his pocket and back his manager so therefore, does the extra £600k make a huge difference compared to the benefit it could subtlely bring. Better atmospheres based on larger crowd numbers (Home and away fans) definitely improve the match day experience for fans and players alike.

FTFY.

5 hours ago, rammieib said:

Total - £4.1 Million

Total - £3.45 Million.

So a fuller stadium, better atmosphere, for the sake of £600k a year.

What you haven't factored into your calculation is that 10,000 fans wouldn't be getting season tickets because it would work out somewhere between £50 and £200 cheaper to buy single match tickets.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What you haven't factored into your calculation is that 10,000 fans wouldn't be getting season tickets because it would work out somewhere between £50 and £200 cheaper to buy single match tickets.

Exactly what I was thinking, £460 for single tickets would be cheaper than my season ticket!

They have to price them with respect to season ticket holders...the odd game that’s on Sky on a Tuesday is acceptable but can’t be a regular thing. 

20 hours ago, Boycie said:

It’s on Sky isn’t it? Save your money and watch in the pub if it’s too much, that’ll teach em.

Doesn’t it cost a tenner to watch through the club website if it isn’t sky’s main game?

Archived