How did Forsyth look against Millwall?

DCFC27

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deano180 said:

Looked composed, forward passing was solid, set up goal with initial pass, crossing not quite on it, gets far to much stick IMO. He's a championship full back, he's going to have good games, poor games.

There are worse full backs than Fozzy. I reckon over a run of 3 games it would amount to 1 good, 1 average, 1 bad.

He did okay but Millwall gave him a lot of freedom by keeping a tight shape through the middle. 

He was therefore able to run unopposed long enough to get his head up for his cross.

Malone was all over the place and so it would be no surprise to see Forsyth keep his place in the team. 

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Slightly off topic but how did bogle look? He didn’t look out of his depth against Oldham and seemed to get better than wisdom

Better performance than any of Wisdom's so far, that's for sure.

You could see though he lacked the confidence to take on his man (his usual game) and get to the byline, and that forced him to cross from deep, which is one of his bigger weaknesses. 

I imagine that confidence will grow as he plays senior games, that will increase his effectiveness going forward, but will also increase the likelihood he's caught out of position.

On topic, Forsyth was my MOTM, despite his little hiccup. 

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Slightly off topic but how did bogle look? He didn’t look out of his depth against Oldham and seemed to get better than wisdom

Bogle I thought was poor. Millwall player said they targeted him and to hand him a full debut away at millwall probably is throwing him in the deep end.

Forsyth to my surprise was brilliant when he came on.

Archived