v Ipswich live on RamsTV for UK fans

David

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/08/2018 at 11:43, Carnero said:

£10 if your in the UK but £5 if you're outside the UK.

duck off EFL.

How is that is anyway fair?

Because you will be taking bums off seats in the UK but not abroad. 

This game is no different to any other for an overseas subscribers, would be unfair to make them pay more. EFL have set this price anyway. 

I think the non-UK subscription is a price set by Derby, as Derby have the rights to show their own games in countries that haven't claimed TV rights to the game. 

I think in order to show the games in the UK, the EFL have essentially paid Sky some (probably extortionate) fee to then hand viewing rights to the clubs, and that is why they've set a higher price.

Then Sky added their 'free' (if you have SkySports) option with a single camera in order to help minimize the risk of losing subscriptions if this way of doing things becomes regular.

That's my deduction anyway. Could be wide, but I think it makes sense.

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think the non-UK subscription is a price set by Derby, as Derby have the rights to show their own games in countries that haven't claimed TV rights to the game. 

I think in order to show the games in the UK, the EFL have essentially paid Sky some (probably extortionate) fee to then hand viewing rights to the clubs, and that is why they've set a higher price.

Then Sky added their 'free' (if you have SkySports) option with a single camera in order to help minimize the risk of losing subscriptions if this way of doing things becomes regular.

That's my deduction anyway. Could be wide, but I think it makes sense.

All prices (inside and outside the UK) are set by EFL/iFollow which all clubs must charge, even clubs which run their own in house service.

23 minutes ago, David said:

All prices (inside and outside the UK) are set by EFL/iFollow which all clubs must charge, even clubs which run their own in house service.

But that moves us further away from the reasoning behind why last nights games were twice the price.

Just now, SaintRam said:

But that moves us further away from the reasoning behind why last nights games were twice the price.

As AllestreeRam said earlier, probably protecting bums on seats. EFL won’t want to see empty stadiums so have to price it where it’s fair for those that simply can’t attend, whilst not tempting those that would go to stay at home.

Outside the UK you’re not losing bums on seats so can price it cheaper to get more eyes on.

I'm still confused why there was a match day production unit at the game? (Two large trucks etc)

It wasn't RamsTV as Owen B confirmed.

Sky red button was one camera only and none HD.

So why the set up? I did spot that the Sky highlights on their website did have all camera views but if you're not going to have a decent Red Button production, it's pointless.

Archived