1946 FA cup team

loweman2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember going to the centenary awards night 1984 ??Assembly rooms , Raich Carter ,Jack Stamps ,were there and I think Jimmy Bullions,Reg Harrison were there too (still got the autographs on the awards night card) .Later my pal Glynn and I got a bit pally with Jim who was a very keen golfer and we once took him to see Derby play at Bolton( Reebok) .What an entertaining trip that was he had loads of interesting stories and was a perfect gentleman ,never forget that day !.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

A couple of bruisers in there too by the looks of them, great photo. ? 

Jack Nicholas (third from left , back row) was hard but fair, but every game the opposition wanted to know if "Chick" Musson (far right, back row) was playing - no one was queuing up to tackle him!

And not forgetting Jackie Stamps (2nd left, middle), who dived in head first to a cross at the Normanton End, ending up spitting teeth out. Hard AND brave!

Back in 1969 I was in hospital with Jack Stamps as he was losing his sight due to the damaged caused by continually heading the ball. The old leather ball soaked up the rain and the laces left their mark on your forehead when you headed it!  Jack was blind for the last 20 years of his life. 

4 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Just thought I would share this great photo, like everyone I have seen the black and white version numerous times but never in colour.

still never been equalled !

3980C53B-235C-4FC7-BB03-6A782BA677BB.jpeg

Another real gem. Thanks, and keep em coming. 

18 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Just thought I would share this great photo, like everyone I have seen the black and white version numerous times but never in colour.

still never been equalled !

3980C53B-235C-4FC7-BB03-6A782BA677BB.jpeg

You starting another venture and getting the '46 shirt signed by all?

Archived