Derby County Shirt Collection

loweman2

On 08/02/2020 at 11:29, Geriatram said:

The player second from the right in the row of five players is Harry Storer, he played for the Rams between 1921 to 1928 he was capped for England twice,he also played cricket for Derbyshire. But more importantly for me he was manager of the Rams when I first started supporting them without going with my dad, in 1955, He was a no nonsense manager and Brian Clough modeled himself on Storer. Even though we were in the third division north I loved those times and I have never lost my love of Derby County. UTR 

The title of the excellent book about Cloughie "They Never Say Thank You" was the pearl passed on to Clough when he asked Storer for advice about going into management I believe.  

@loweman2 have you thought of designing a t-shirt with all of our strips on or a variety of shirts with a select few or certain years to cover fans age groups to help with funding for the heritage etc.

If you get it right, I think you'd sell loads.

Something like this...........but better.

image.jpeg

Edited by Inverurie Ram

30 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

@loweman2 have you thought of designing a t-shirt with all of our strips on or a variety of shirts with a select few or certain years to cover fans age groups to help with funding for the heritage etc.

If you get it right, I think you'd sell loads.

Something like this...........but better.

To be honest I hasn’t thought if it but will suggest it to the other guys, one of the trustees is Jason Shardlow who goes under est1884 and does a lot of the kit drawings online, he was the first to do it, I bet he could put together something good !

17 hours ago, loweman2 said:

To be honest I hasn’t thought if it but will suggest it to the other guys, one of the trustees is Jason Shardlow who goes under est1884 and does a lot of the kit drawings online, he was the first to do it, I bet he could put together something good !

The one I've posted is available at https://art-of-football.com/collections/Derby/products/Derby-classics-tee-or-sweat

My eldest lad was suggesting t-shirts, football shirts, with numbers on the back filled with mini shirt logos in them, a retro Rams shirt, hoodies, with your favourite other mini kits on it, polo shirts with a mini shirt logo on arm sleeves etc.  All sorts of variations and as you say I reckon the trustees would make a real good job of them.

59 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I wonder if @Red_Dawn could comment on how this shirt colour goes down with his brothers and sisters at the city ground?

I don't think they're all his brothers and sisters.  I reckon at least one would be a distant cousin... as in, they now live near Ingoldmells?