Derby County Shirt Collection

loweman2

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Wasn't that Gordon's job, or was that just for his latter days at the club "to keep him involved"?

It was his job in the latter years. At the time of the kit changes he would have been the physio. I can still see him picking up his big black bag and running across the pitch to "attend" an injured player, which normally involved delving into said black bag and bringing out a soaking wet sponge to cure a broken leg. The player would then jump up and carry on running around as if nothing had happened. Today's players would probably need an extra week to recover from the cold water treatment, or two if their hair was involved due to a head injury.

19 minutes ago, richinspain said:

It was his job in the latter years. At the time of the kit changes he would have been the physio. I can still see him picking up his big black bag and running across the pitch to "attend" an injured player, which normally involved delving into said black bag and bringing out a soaking wet sponge to cure a broken leg. The player would then jump up and carry on running around as if nothing had happened. Today's players would probably need an extra week to recover from the cold water treatment, or two if their hair was involved due to a head injury.

Of course he was (the physio)!  My mind letting me down again!

Confusion on my part, as by the time I got to meet him and shake his hand, he was already laying the kits out (Pre-match stadium tour as part of a VIP competition winner)... but he was also already a club legend by then, so it was one of my most honoured hand shakes!

5 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Also reading in 1986

Remember that Reading team, they won their first thirteen games with Trevor Senior banging them in for fun. Of course, we also got promoted that season - I had a peek at the league table and both Cardiff and Wolves got relegated to the old Division Four that season. Just shows how it comes and goes in football.

On 03/04/2019 at 13:33, BaaLocks said:

They were, in glorous false leg pink.

Archie Gemmill used to pop into Jordan and Fitch in Littleover village and park his outside, only problem was it was a blue one with his name on the side that he got as part of signing for Brum. I remember Gerry Daly (strangely with Billy Hughes in the passenger seat) just about getting his bricked in as he drove it to the Baseball Ground after he'd signed for Coventry. That one was sky blue of course.

love the descriptive verse !! false leg pink !!

took me right back to the glorious 70s !!!

• 1 month later...

Here she is another mega rare 70s shirt that I have managed to capture, a 1976/77 no 7 away shirt worn by Steve Powell and Henry Newton but came from Steve.
worn in around six games that season, so many amazing things, one that it even exists, a proper holy grail type find, the fore runner to the Puma shirt from twenty years later with the Ram in the middle with the wording Derby County around it and the worn condition of it, a really top shirt to share.

F4A40000-82D4-4C2B-9947-D0C588D752BA.jpeg

1023DDB7-7C3D-4826-80E7-D478F36E4946.jpeg

AE25B088-B8AF-4766-88A8-E94F8A58BC30.jpeg

DDECDE94-D8DA-4AD6-B062-B77FFD1C98BC.jpeg

2230A68A-C8BA-4CED-A5DE-8444756C03A3.jpeg

15CD67FD-3763-4C59-BE5D-5AD90D384653.jpeg

516C333E-BE36-4080-AEEB-AE47559D4592.png

F7CA8FD0-3D78-4556-8F7D-3D3FF5D1DD90.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, David said:

Should have guessed really ?

What do you have left on the wish list that you’re after?

??there are a couple out there, one is a replica or player issue 1972-74 yellow away shirt with the round neck, the other is the sportsweek sponsored away shirt from 85, 

987B3258-F3AB-445E-834B-5BEAF3BAA14A.jpeg

5BC76483-EDBE-4B4D-A61A-54FE6D271AE0.jpeg

@loweman2 check out the blokes tracksuit top at Wembley. I nearly bought one of these for about £60 about 6 months ago, I forget what website I saw it on, classic retro stuff on eBay I think, but by the time I got round to it, they only had one XL left and a few comments I found about the seller not having certain items in stock etc put me off.

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

Just picked this up today, been in a suitcase for forty years, in great condition, one of the survivors! Never seen another orange one of the FBM shirts.

C7C0E855-6B9B-4060-88B7-25525EF84DFB.jpeg

Is this amatch worn one?

i had this replica as a kid but it didn’t have a sponsor on it?

11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Is this amatch worn one?

i had this replica as a kid but it didn’t have a sponsor on it?

no mate that is also a replica, the first season they were plain then the second season the sponsor was put on, as it was the 70s and people were not as cash rich as today, most kids had the plain one already so there was no way parents would buy them an identical shirt just with a sponsor on so these were a lot rarer, ive never seen one since 1979/80 in orange.

13 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

no mate that is also a replica, the first season they were plain then the second season the sponsor was put on, as it was the 70s and people were not as cash rich as today, most kids had the plain one already so there was no way parents would buy them an identical shirt just with a sponsor on so these were a lot rarer, ive never seen one since 1979/80 in orange.

Only had the top mind, wasn’t a full kit whosit. ?

Edited by Boycie
Don’t say I was a half kit one either!