Derby County Shirt Collection

loweman2

Another superb and rare piece of Derby County history added to the shirt collection today, it was one of our own members, @secretsquirrel That made this possible. The lovelynumber 5 players shirt from the 1975 season worn by Roy McFarland.

i am forever thankful to the guys on here @Richard Dastard Lee @Secret Squirrel @Will I Ram @PrivateDerby And all the other guys who continue to assist in building a fantastic collection of shirts that hopefully we can all share at some point in the future !

if anybody has any other 50, 60s or 70s shirts just sitting in cupboards or wardrobes or dusty lofts then please Le me know !

cheers guys !

4C5EAD1D-436A-48D3-B02B-716F293F3A42.jpeg

3DFBB5DE-39A9-4CF0-B334-4C50FD631D72.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I had the pleasure today to go and look at the Alan Hinton shirt at Hansons, this shirt is special because not only was it worn in the first few games of the championship winning season in 1971/72 but it was the first time that the new snorting Ram was seen on a shirt, it was the old shirt with the rings on the collar and the cuffs but with that fantastic new emblem of Derby County ! After a few matches they changed to the completely blank white shirt that we are more familiar with !

D2119E6F-B11A-4B27-BC44-A88FE618910F.jpeg

42 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

BF724F08-1C6F-42DD-9366-3D11891BD110.jpeg

87369E94-657D-46E2-B096-474369C6B57F.jpeg

38 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Second shirt to view was the legend Kevin Hector’s No7 shirt from his final game, I am lucky to own a match worn No7 Patrick shirt so I won’t be bidding on that one.

695CBB18-0801-4647-9EEC-441F6C2F5C6B.jpeg

327D74C7-1034-454D-8D4B-F39F1B02D6F8.jpeg

AC52B225-FD87-45CC-B74A-EB99EDDB6092.jpeg

Red numbers!

Actually, I like red numbers. Don't see what the problem is with red on any part of the shirt, so long as it is predominantly white.

Not quite a playing shirt @loweman2 but I purchased this a good while ago now and have worn it once for about three hours so no deodorant marks under the arms, probably not something you’d fancy but you’re more than welcome to it. Sat in wardrobe for many years hence the look. 

79A907EA-CA75-4659-85E2-561E58CF3E3B.jpeg

Edited by SKRam

5 hours ago, loweman2 said:

I had the pleasure today to go and look at the Alan Hinton shirt at Hansons, this shirt is special because not only was it worn in the first few games of the championship winning season in 1971/72 but it was the first time that the new snorting Ram was seen on a shirt, it was the old shirt with the rings on the collar and the cuffs but with that fantastic new emblem of Derby County ! After a few matches they changed to the completely blank white shirt that we are more familiar with !

D2119E6F-B11A-4B27-BC44-A88FE618910F.jpeg

This is still my favourite shirt.

5 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Hey @SKRam ! Thank you for the kind offer mate but it’s football shirts only bud that I collect, if I start heading down the route of collecting smart but casual Dcfc leisure wear then Mrs Loweman2 is gonna lose her mind with me man ???❤️

Understood @loweman2 , appreciate the ‘smart but casual’ comment too ?

I’ll take pics of shirts, time to move them on. Bought Croatia shirt when Igor and Aljosa were with us, you already own that one? 

15 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Second shirt to view was the legend Kevin Hector’s No7 shirt from his final game, I am lucky to own a match worn No7 Patrick shirt so I won’t be bidding on that one.

695CBB18-0801-4647-9EEC-441F6C2F5C6B.jpeg

327D74C7-1034-454D-8D4B-F39F1B02D6F8.jpeg

AC52B225-FD87-45CC-B74A-EB99EDDB6092.jpeg

@loweman2  what value is the Patrick shirt estimated to fetch? Presume it’s got a reserve figure

3 hours ago, dcfc4ever said:

@loweman2  what value is the Patrick shirt estimated to fetch? Presume it’s got a reserve figure

As always with these things it’s not what they are worth or how much somebody would like to pay but how much somebody can afford to pay ! It’s a rare iconic Patrick shirt and then you factor in the fact that it was worn by the legend that is Kevin Hector in his last game for Derby I would assume anything from £1,500 to £3,000 on the same day the Alan Hinton is up for sale and that will go for the same I would think !

2 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Received my excellent Le Coq replica today, doubt very much you would find a large sized original in pristine condition so this nod to Alan Biley and those child hood memories will do just fine

9353E3A2-CFC4-4A14-BED0-0ABE656D75D2.jpeg

C0857AAC-1090-4A46-A7B7-D9BB477EE94A.jpeg

643BBD51-7F04-4BB8-B710-2D07392C77A6.jpeg

My very first replica... and probably remains my all time favourite.

If I'm honest, I don't recall the sponsor being on the front of mine.  I'm certain if we had a choice, I'd have opted out?  Would we have had a choice back then, or would I have had that sponsor on?  (I do have a lousy memory!)

EDIT:  Pretty certain the same goes for the number on the back too?  (I certainly wouldn't have paid extra for numbers/letters... I hadn't started work at that stage!)

Edited by Mucker1884

I know you've got a book coming out @loweman2, but do you think you'll ever display your entire collection under one roof for us all to see?

Would make a fantastic exhibition at the Quad, for instance, although you may need the velodrome to display them all!

Would be great to accompany a book launch, for instance.

Edited by reveldevil

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I know you've got a book coming out @loweman2, but do you think you'll ever display your entire collection under one roof for us all to see?

Would make a fantastic exhibition at the Quad, for instance, although you may need the velodrome to display them all!

Would be great to accompany a book launch, for instance.

I would love to see them all, it would look fantastic! There are 240 of them, can you imagine them all on mannequins with bobby Davison’s head on ! Don’t know where I could borrow 240 mannequins from though ! Mrs Loweman2 would blow her top for sure if I had them all delivered to the house ! She would think I had deffo lost the plot for real !! ??